play next video in folder without returning to menu
Hi,

is it somehow possible to switch to the next video in a folder, while one video is still playing, wihtout returning to the menu? This behaviour is default for audio, but not for video, how can this be achieved?
For videos the SkipNext action only works for playlists. You can add all the videos in a folder to a playlist by highlighting the folder and pressing Q.

JR
you can also select play from the context menu at the folder level and it will just go through and play all videos in that folder.

works that way when selecting either an entire show or one specific season for a show from the library too.

no need to mess with playlists at all if you do it that way.
Hi,

thanks for your replies, however, I find none of the two solutions very satisfying:

the first solution requires a user to create a playlist first, and the second one only works if you want to watch every video in a folder, or at least most. But if I want to play the last three videos in a folder containing a hundred files or so, it's absolutely unusable.

I wonder why it's not possible to let the user decide if he wishes the video folders to behave exactly like audio folders do. Sad
I dunno that too.
As I recall (it's a while since I last looked at this bity of the code) when you play a single video XBMC dynamically creates a playlist containing just that video. The reason the Next and Previous actions don't work is that they jump to the next and previous video in the playlist, and of course the playlist only contains one video.

This is quite deep down in the code and I doubt there would be much enthusiasm for modifying this behaviour.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:As I recall (it's a while since I last looked at this bity of the code) when you play a single video XBMC dynamically creates a playlist containing just that video. The reason the Next and Previous actions don't work is that they jump to the next and previous video in the playlist, and of course the playlist only contains one video.

This is quite deep down in the code and I doubt there would be much enthusiasm for modifying this behaviour.

JR

Its not exactly a perfect solution but, could be possible to offer the option to add the rest o the folder to that dynamic playlist, starting with the next file. This could essentially offer the same option if there is enough interest.
Isn't there already a "Play From Here" option in the context menu that does just this?
scudlee Wrote:Isn't there already a "Play From Here" option in the context menu that does just this?

Yep, It is. It's there for tv shows episodes and works OK, so maybe the feature we should ask for would be to add that action to the "Default select action" setting under Video/File Lists...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
play next video in folder without returning to menu0