Library losing connection
Hi All,

I have a appletv2 with xbmc installed. I have it so when I turn the apple tv it automagically updates the library.

It used to update the library fine and then i could use the library mode. Now however it will check for new content and then eventually will come up with a error message saying it has lost connection with the network. However I can see all my files perfectly in the file section and i can play video perfectly.

I though this was a network issue. I have disabled apple update and upstairs I have a apple tv 1 with xbmc - this can update the library fine.

I have a feeling it has something to do with apple trying to update the box but i have disabled it!

I just don't understand

Any ideas please?
For Apple TV 2 (black) you want the iOS sub-forum. I've already moved your post there.

What version of XBMC are you using? Are you using the latest nightlies? If you don't know then you probably are not using the latest nightlies. Try doing this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...htly_build

See if that fixes the problem.
I am using sept 5 nightly and have the same problem, the connection dies intermittently when updating/scanning my library as well.
HI thanks for your help so far.

However i am stuck

I have typed in

ssh root@Atv2 192.168.0.13

But after about 3-4 mins i get - ssh: Connect to host ATV2 port 22: Operation timed out

Any advice?
eddtr1 Wrote:HI thanks for your help so far.

However i am stuck

I have typed in

ssh root@Atv2 192.168.0.13

But after about 3-4 mins i get - ssh: Connect to host ATV2 port 22: Operation timed out

Any advice?

recheck the IP. You can also try

appletv.local

in place of the IP and that sometimes works (It should work all the time in theory, but doesn't seem to always work out that way)

If it still doesn't work then you might need to re-do your jailbreak.
I'm also running in to this issue. Until now, I've been using XBMCLive on my Revo, but I botched my sytem recently, and I haven't been able to find a working solution to recreate a new LiveCD/USB (UnetBootin has yet to work on OS X) to do a fresh install. So in the meantime, I'm using an ATV2 that I picked up today. Like the OP, I can access my media without error if I browse to them via Files, but if I attempt to load them through the Library, XBMC just tells me that the file is no longer available. Should I submit a debug log, or is this a known issue already. Note that I'm running the Sept. 5th (20110904-a2098db) build. Also, I'm sharing my files via WebDav and MediaMaster Server, since I haven't been able to get NFS to work properly.
brandonjcreek Wrote:I'm also running in to this issue. Until now, I've been using XBMCLive on my Revo, but I botched my sytem recently, and I haven't been able to find a working solution to recreate a new LiveCD/USB (UnetBootin has yet to work on OS X) to do a fresh install. So in the meantime, I'm using an ATV2 that I picked up today. Like the OP, I can access my media without error if I browse to them via Files, but if I attempt to load them through the Library, XBMC just tells me that the file is no longer available. Should I submit a debug log, or is this a known issue already. Note that I'm running the Sept. 5th (20110904-a2098db) build. Also, I'm sharing my files via WebDav and MediaMaster Server, since I haven't been able to get NFS to work properly.

I'll have to test it out myself, but I think the problem is MediaMaster Server somehow. It might be our only easy webDAV solution, but it has all these weird quirks that other webDAV servers don't.
Ned Scott Wrote:recheck the IP. You can also try

appletv.local

in place of the IP and that sometimes works (It should work all the time in theory, but doesn't seem to always work out that way)

If it still doesn't work then you might need to re-do your jailbreak.

Thanks, but now I am getting

ssh: connect to host port 22: Connection refused

Shocked
hold on now

I got it connected and i downloaded the nightly download

after i did the next command i got the following (sorry for the length)

Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i xbmc-20110908-9592c12-master-atv2.deb(Reading database ... 3558 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 10.0-9 (using xbmc-20110908-9592c12-master-atv2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.awkwardtv.whitelist; however:
Package org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
Package beigelist which provides org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Apple-TV:~ root# xbmc-20110908-9592c12-master-atv2.deb-sh: xbmc-20110908-9592c12-master-atv2.deb: command not found
Apple-TV:~ root#

Any ideas? i did the rm after this and it said command not found
The new builds seem to do this for any TV Shows or Movie folders which it can't find any matches for. You'll need to go into the files section, see which movies or tv shows don't have a details/thumbnail and that's the likely offending item.

In the part the scan just skipped these items, now it throws up that error.

I've since cleaned up all the offending names of movies and tv shows manually and it scans without issue.
try doing
rm -r /Applications/XBMC.frappliance
then do the dpkg command again
Wink 
g-off Wrote:try doing
rm -r /Applications/XBMC.frappliance
then do the dpkg command again

Hi All,

I finally got the latest nightly build on last night - So far so good

XBMC started scanning again - it did pop up once saying it lost connection to the remote server but would i like to carry on i said yes and then it continued. Before it used to ask that question all the time.

So the upshot is fingers crossed it is working with the updated nightly build for me anyway. Ill keep a eye on it and update as nessasary.

Thanks everyone for all your help! - I now also have a deeper understanding of installing nightly builds Nod
So far this seems like a bug in the scanning system? Has this been addressed in anyway? Seems pretty odd, has anyone confirmed this bug, and are there any work-arounds? I have like about 900+ different shows and movies (not counting individual episodes) and a work around that doesn't involve checking ~10000 files would be awesome!

vietsoldier Wrote:The new builds seem to do this for any TV Shows or Movie folders which it can't find any matches for. You'll need to go into the files section, see which movies or tv shows don't have a details/thumbnail and that's the likely offending item.

In the part the scan just skipped these items, now it throws up that error.

I've since cleaned up all the offending names of movies and tv shows manually and it scans without issue.
You had to dig back to the 9th to find a post on it. Most of the problems people were having was with the stable release. There were one or two builds that had a problem with interlacing defaults but otherwise ok.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library losing connection0