[ATV2] high CPU on SD livetv - tvheadend plugin
Hi,

I am experience problems with nightly builds since 16 of May which is the last one to play smoothly livetv from tvheadend plugin and backend. I have tried several nightlies and all of them works the same. With updates livetv is unwatchable and stuttering.

Skin is confluence.

I've tried to collect all necessary information below.

debug log:
http://pastebin.com/0HEY6SL5
(from time that I open stream)

version:
XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110904-a2098db
installed with dpkg -Gi
Apple TV Software 4.2.1 (2100)
uname -a
Darwin Apple-TV 11.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.0.0: Thu Feb 10 21:46:56 PST 2011; root:xnu-1735.46~2/RELEASE_ARM_S5L8930X AppleTV2,1 arm K66AP Darwin

list of installed packages:
http://pastebin.com/9Dh7RJQT

Any idea for the issue or hints what to try before I do full reinstall of the system as last hope? As other people are reporting that SD mpeg2 streaming is working fine for them I would suspect something could be wrong in my settings. I have tried with DR enabled as well though.

Only things I have noticed my self are that CPU is higher even on "home" and when playing idle is 0% with later builds and in debug log xbmc reports lines for

22:05:09 T:152580096 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:72840900254.416672, should be:72838890977.000000, error:-2009277.416672
22:05:11 T:152580096 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
22:05:11 T:152580096 ERROR: AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to rend

I have tried to change also sound settings but without help. I have by default enabled optical output and both ac3 and dts capable reciever (HK AVR-430)
Strange. From the specs of the media in your debug log you should be able to play those streams just fine. They're not any more demanding than the average raw DVD image.

The high CPU shouldn't be a worry. XBMC likes to use unused resources when just hanging out in menus and stuff. When it actually comes to playback then things get a lot more efficient. At least that's how it was explained to me.

Hopefully this thread attracts one of the devs, and if not I'll nudge one this way.

I don't know if it would help or not, but you could also try installing that May 16th build and posting a debug log of the video playing correctly. It might lead to more hints about what regressed in the later builds.
I made a clean install after removing XMBC prefrences directory. Configuring all settings and after this SD livetv plays smoothly again. It could have been some settings from previous version of plugins that was incompatible on upgrade.
it would stutter if you have had enabled software deinterlacing ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] high CPU on SD livetv - tvheadend plugin0