Cannot open strm files anwhere
Sad 
I have been using strm files to store all my tv shows online and stream them to my computer and apple tv, but all of a sudden yesterday they stopped working in XBMC, i figured i would try them in vlc but they wont work there either, I made an rss feed for each show with the .strm files in them and have tried to play my videos from the rss feed and from local .strm files, neither of them are working anymore. When i select one of the .strm files, it starts "working" and after a few seconds, just goes back to doing nothing, no error message or anything, just sits there. I dont know whats going on, please help if you can. There is nothing in the log files about this because it's not coming up with an error. Thanks, Nick

Update: I have tried using a direct link to the video file and it still does not work, i.e. added http://www.myfiles.com/blahblah.mkv to an rss and tried to play it, but it doesn't play that way either. I would think that it doesn't support the network protocol of the storage option I'm using but it worked before. So i see no reason why all of a sudden, it doesn't work.
A debug log should give us soem clues. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC, then attempt to play a .strm file. After it fails close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
is everyone on here a short answer ass sounding person?
really...check the log that stors nothing for me on ANY error...
and thats the best answer anyone has on the problem...
:mad:
TheWalkingCrud Wrote:is everyone on here a short answer ass sounding person?
really...check the log that stors nothing for me on ANY error...
and thats the best answer anyone has on the problem...
:mad:

I gave (I hope) clear instructions as to how to get at the log and I offered my time to look at the log to try and help identify the problem. Which bit of this has offended you?

JR
jhsrennie
ya did,i'm just sayin ...i used seeon.tv plugin and was trying to make a discovery channel.strm file,then load it..it would not work ..i tryed addin a source to the file,making it a plug in and everything else.
it was the lack of help and VERY short answers that was killing me..i tryed everything under the sun for two weeks and finaly found out taking the \ off the end of the url is were i was messing up..BUT i saw this thread and it said to look at the log..only thing is when i loaded the strm it would crash and its on a macintrash emac 700mhz and would NOT write to the log so i was running blind as hell on what to do..so wicked pissed and frustrated i posted what i did.. witch was wrong in a sence..i was hopeing for a few options to try and not just look in a log and post invisable stuff here..bye they way this is a "sorry" for being a dic hehehe

Like posted in the seenontv thread here is all cable tv strm files i did that work on every xbmc ..even emacs Wink
http://www.filefactory.com/file/cefca62/...files-.rar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot open strm files anwhere0