Scanning for new content skips movies !
Question 
I have movies in separate folders, all of them have nfo files in

Very often happens that XBMC skips some of them...

Tried everything: clean lib, scan new content, update lib - still same, only solution is just go to this file and press "I" for info!

This is really annoying - anyone can help / advice ? Confused
parslej Wrote:I have movies in separate folders, all of them have nfo files in

Very often happens that XBMC skips some of them...

Tried everything: clean lib, scan new content, update lib - still same, only solution is just go to this file and press "I" for info!

This is really annoying - anyone can help / advice ? Confused
Maybe this solves your problem:

If your scrapper settings has enabled 'use folder for lookup' the NFO must be named 'movie.nfo'
If disabled it should be named '<movie filename>.nfo'

Same for fanart and such.
movie-fanart.jpg
or
<movie filename>.jpg
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sad 
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Maybe this solves your problem:

If your scrapper settings has enabled 'use folder for lookup' the NFO must be named 'movie.nfo'

movie-fanart.jpg
or
<movie filename>.jpg

Have no idea I shall call nfo files 'movies.nfo' - THANKS!

Unfortunately this didnt help - still it doesnt find and add some movies to library Sad Oo
Are you saying it finds them and adds them if you use "i"

Because if you are then I only know one reason for that myself and that's having your folders at a level to low from the source folder without having "Scan Recursively" enabled, XBMC wont see them during the scan but will still add them if you use "i"

Go to set content and check "Scan Recursively" is enabled, with it disabled your folders or files have to be in the route of the source folder
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I wonder if the movies that are being "skipped" have something wrong with the .nfo file? Have you checked them for problems?
Try this, remove the .nfo file from one of these movies. Clean your library etc. for good measure. See if the built in scraper adds the movie to your library.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
If using "i" still adds them to library then there's nothing wrong with the nfo
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Yes, but I didn't see where he answered your question on that... (does it add to the library or just display the info?)
Well if he can see the correct information pressing i then I guess that is true.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Maybe this solves your problem:

movie-fanart.jpg
or
<movie filename>.jpg

That can't possibly be true because I've always used folder lookup and before I used Ember, I made my own nfo files for movie sets. I always named them <movie filename>.nfo and they worked perfectly.
clubwerks Wrote:That can't possibly be true because I've always used folder lookup and before I used Ember, I made my own nfo files for movie sets. I always named them <movie filename>.nfo and they worked perfectly.

It does work however movie.nfo will overide all other .nfo
wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import_-_Export_Library#Movies
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
>>X<<' Wrote:Are you saying it finds them and adds them if you use "i"

Because if you are then I only know one reason for that myself and that's having your folders at a level to low from the source folder without having "Scan Recursively" enabled, XBMC wont see them during the scan but will still add them if you use "i"

Go to set content and check "Scan Recursively" is enabled, with it disabled your folders or files have to be in the route of the source folder

Movie is added in fact to library after pressing "I" - checked that in DB
I have recursive scanning on...

Any further ideas? Files are simple avi files...
Though it probably is not the issue, how about posting your .nfo file for one of the offending movies. Lets take a look at it just in case. BTW, what is the source of your .nfo files?

Also, what skin are you using?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
parslej Wrote:Movie is added in fact to library after pressing "I" - checked that in DB
I have recursive scanning on...

Any further ideas? Files are simple avi files...

If your using movie.nfo btw you put movies.nfo previously then you need "use folder names for lookups" selected

outatouch0 Wrote:Though it probably is not the issue

It would be strange if it was the nfo unless its because of what I noticed above because using "i" does exactly the same thing as scanning and he's already said that pressing "i" adds them to library which means it scanned fine

He should turn on debug and then will no for sure whether those movies are being seen at all
I too am having a similar issue, although I don't deal with the .nfo file stuff. I first experienced this last night with one of my DVDs I turned into an ISO file. I save all of my movies into their own folder within a main directory. XBMC is set to scan the folder for new content on startup. But last night it missed a newly added movie. The only way I could add the movie was I had to end up manually selecting that individual file as a source and then it finally showed up in my movies list......but that was annoying. Why would XBMC be skipping movies?
Agreed X, we just seem to be all out of ideas at this point <shrug>
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
>>X<<' Wrote:If your using movie.nfo btw you put movies.nfo previously then you need "use folder names for lookups" selected

It would be strange if it was the nfo unless its because of what I noticed above because using "i" does exactly the same thing as scanning and he's already said that pressing "i" adds them to library which means it scanned fine

He should turn on debug and then will no for sure whether those movies are being seen at all

I'm sorry i've put movies.nfo by mistake, of course I used movie.nfo
But I dont think this is an issue (if I use movie.nfo or file_name.nfo) if XBMC can read it when I press "I" button...

I thought it was because of kind of stored "hash code"

I've tried also this:
1. Change dir name
2. Change avi name

Didnt help...

NFO file comes from XBMC itself!
(As result of library backup to separate files)

Then I removed .NFO file and magically movie was found. Big Grin

Means NFO must be somehow corrupted (which is strange as was exported by XBMC)

Bellow related log info - looks XBMC really finds movie but cannot read something from NFO then skips file
(shoudnt work that way! shall inform about that or re-scrap movie again!)

Also, when reading below log seems this line is problematic:
Reading movie 'http://www.filmweb.pl/mm'
But when I looked into the NFO file I cannot find such UR!

Have no idea what's wrong?

Code:
23:24:25 T:2320   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'D:\MOVIES\300\' as not in the database
23:24:25 T:2320   DEBUG: scraper: NfoUrl returned <url>http://www.filmweb.pl/mm</url>
23:24:25 T:2320   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching Mixed NFO file: D:\MOVIES\300\300.nfo
23:24:25 T:2320   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Fetching url 'http://www.filmweb.pl/mm' using Filmweb scraper (content: 'movies')
23:24:25 T:2320   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::GetVideoDetails: Reading movie 'http://www.filmweb.pl/mm' using Filmweb scraper (file: 'C:\Documents and Settings\pc\Dane aplikacji\XBMC\addons\metadata.filmweb.pl', content: 'movies', version: '1.1.9')
23:24:25 T:2320   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0451EDA4) http://www.filmweb.pl/mm
23:24:25 T:2320 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
23:24:25 T:2320   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
23:24:25 T:2320   ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
23:24:25 T:2320   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir D:\MOVIES\300\

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning for new content skips movies !0