[IOS] Compile XBMC With apple developer codesigning !
Just recently started exploring IOS apps development and signed in at Apple as apple developer ($99/year). First Apps when exploring a new Dev-enviroument is a "hello word" app. Secondly i then always started with a existing "open source" project and my choice was XBMC!
XBMC was for me the first reason to Jailbreak my IPAD device!
So now I want to try to compile it and code sign it with my own apple developer ID.

I exactly followed the instructions in the readme.ios file and I managed to compile and Run the latest source from github! (removed code signing script from build phase XBMC target and changed code signing identy to my Apple developer ID)

So far so good, XBMC runs fine after the compile, BUT!! After closing the App, the icon of XBMC is still on the springboard (as with a normal apps development). But it can’t be run standalone, meaning I am not able to run XBMC from springboard only.

I tried a build to an Archive but this always fails for me with following error:

“Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/strip failed with exit code 1”

How can I compile Xbmc for IOS with codesigning with a apple developer ID ?
And is it possible to run without XCODE?

Could someone give me some hints/clues?
I tried an other option. I first used XCode 4.x for compiling.
I know used Xcode 3.x instead.

I am now able to create an archive without any error, however the result stays the same!

I can only run XBMC from Xcode. It looks like it must have an connection to the debugger. When XBMC runs and i remove the connection to my device XBMC also exits. This explain why for me why the app can't run standalone from the springboard. A connection to the debugger is missing.

I looked around for some settings in the compile/build settings but i can't find anything.

Please help!
When you figure it out, please add info to wiki for others. I could see myself doing the same thing when jailbreaking becomes too hard or even impossible
I don't remember exactly why - but this will not work. Its because of what xbmc does which is just not allowed on a non jailbroken system...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
jodur Wrote:How can I compile Xbmc for IOS with codesigning with a apple developer ID ?
And is it possible to run without XCODE?

Could someone give me some hints/clues?

You need to investigate how to do an add-hock deployment of xbmc that is signed with your certs.
davilla Wrote:You need to investigate how to do an add-hock deployment of xbmc that is signed with your certs.

I already did this investigation. I made an app-ID for the application and made an ad hoc provisioning profile for the distribution of this app. You have to add the devices you want to use for provisioning.
You also need to pass the the apps-ID to the Xcode project.

Until now without any success!
I am still busy and this should work, I won't give-up. If you can run it from Xcode this has nothing to do with jail breaking and it must be a code signing thing.

The funny thing is that after building a simple "hello word" App, the app also can be launched from the springboard after a compile from Xcode.
This isn't the case after a run with XBMC

No one tried before building this application with official code signing?
jodur Wrote:No one tried before building this application with official code signing?

A few in the past tried, don't know how far they got, you might search the forums.

Personally, since XBMC for iOS would never get accepted in the Apple App Store (for a variety of reasons that have been discussed before) I don't really see the point of spending time/effort.
The benefit for someone like me would be that I have an iPad 2 on iOS 5 and there is no jailbreak so this would be the only way to run XBMC
What is the status of this? Can anyone give me any insight?

also anyone who has done this can you write up a simple wiki on how to get at least as far as you currently are?

i think even if XBMC is not 100% functional (ie.. root access) it would still be beneficial to use the application documents folder and just store some local videos or files in that folder and use it instead of apple / itunes. (especially on a unjailbroken iphone5)
same as before, no work has been done on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[IOS] Compile XBMC With apple developer codesigning !0