Ultimate travel XBMC laptop?
Is there such a thing?

I will be traveling and I am curious if there is a small (~13") laptop (does not have to have a drive) that can do HDMI with full surround with ease. There just seems to be so many options I figure I ask first.

I will also be taking this to friends house to watch movies/shows. It would be nice to have an all in one unit. I will only be using this for XBMC, nothing else.

Thank you
Monro3 Wrote:Is there such a thing?

I will be traveling and I am curious if there is a small (~13") laptop (does not have to have a drive) that can do HDMI with full surround with ease. There just seems to be so many options I figure I ask first.

I will also be taking this to friends house to watch movies/shows. It would be nice to have an all in one unit. I will only be using this for XBMC, nothing else.

Thank you

Great question, I'd sure like to know what is best to take on the road for trips and visits.. XBMC is so portable now days with the super SFF pre-builts and laptop PC's??
The Acer 722-BZ454 netbook (which I happen to be typing on as we speak) works absolutely perfectly with the Windows build of XBMC. ATI Radeon HD 6250 graphics that handle 1080p video with ease, HDMI out, 11.6" screen, 250GB hard drive, 2GB of ram, 6 cell battery. A quick check shows that the price through Amazon sellers right now is around $350, but I've seen it for cheaper. Heck, I'm currently selling a couple of them for a lot less than that. I'd be selling them here, but I don't think that there's any buying or selling done here.

Anyway, keep your eye out for them, they're great. I like mine so much I actually considered replacing my current HTPC (an Aspire One AR1600) with one, but as it still works fine I just couldn't justify it.
Edit: found the answer on the sound. Does support 5.1

Ah great! Thank you for the info. This may seem rhetorical, but it can put out 5.1 as well? Just looking for a machine that can handle the basic necessities well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ultimate travel XBMC laptop?0