Handbrake settings...
Star 
I know I should be asking this question in the handbrake forum, but I didn't want to do a hit and run and I didn't think the ? was too off for this forum.

I picked up one of those multi-compilation disks a Woody Allen collection, I'm not too keen on the picture quality but some are not as picky. XBMC doesn't like these disks too much, so I'd like to put them into the HD collection, Should I use the .vob files in it's own subfolder as 'sleeper.vob'? Using the default preset-settings on handbrake makes the videos too terrible to look at.

Is there a handbrake preset for not losing much PQ and still get the added benefit of H264? With a myriad amount of settings in handbrake, I'm afraid that I'm almost lost...
Use MakeMKV on the discs to extract the video as standalone mkv files that should make them work in XBMC and retains original quality video/audio.

If you still wish to compress with x264 using Handbrake try the High Profile preset and set the RF value to 18 or 17 on the video tab and that should give a high quality encode.
Star 
Thanks for the quick reply... appreciated post!

Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Handbrake settings...0