2D playback of 3D Side-By-Side videos
Hi

I have a few 3D movies that use the side by side or SBS format. If I want to watch these movies in 2D (with more friends than glasses available) I can switch my TV to convert 3D to 2D. But this destroys the menu as it only shows one side of the movie and stretch it to fit the screen.

I would appreciate a function of XBMC (maybe under the "zoom" options) that would show the SBS as 2D by basically do the same thing. Cut the picture in half and stretch it to fit.

The benefit would be that all menus of XBMC are still visible and functional and in my case that the picture would be better as the TV doesn't have to perform 3D conversion and back to 2D which causes (in my case at least) quality losses.

I hope you guys take my suggestion into consideration.

Keep up the excellent work!

Regards,
Thomas
Chattanuga Wrote:Hi

I have a few 3D movies that use the side by side or SBS format. If I want to watch these movies in 2D (with more friends than glasses available) I can switch my TV to convert 3D to 2D. But this destroys the menu as it only shows one side of the movie and stretch it to fit the screen.

I would appreciate a function of XBMC (maybe under the "zoom" options) that would show the SBS as 2D by basically do the same thing. Cut the picture in half and stretch it to fit.

The benefit would be that all menus of XBMC are still visible and functional and in my case that the picture would be better as the TV doesn't have to perform 3D conversion and back to 2D which causes (in my case at least) quality losses.

I hope you guys take my suggestion into consideration.

Keep up the excellent work!

Regards,
Thomas

Bump, any talk of this being implemented at all? Is there a way to set a custom view for all movies which we could perhaps make this work?

Thanks!
-Erik
Don't be scared to ask questions. Odds are someone else is wondering the same thing.
Closet - Norco 4020 - Supermicro X8SAX - Intel i7-920 - Corsair HX1000 - Corsair XMS3 12GB - 10x1.5tb Raid 5 - 10x2tb Raid 5 - Openfiler VM inside Workstation Win7 x64
Living room - Silverstone ML02B-MXR - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - E8400 - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB - Denon 3310CI
Bedroom - Antec Mini Skeleton - Zotac IONITX-B-E @ 1.92ghz - AVS Gear HA-IR01SV - A-DATA G series 4GB - Denon 2808CI

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2D playback of 3D Side-By-Side videos0