SAMBA: you need permission to perform this action
I have set up samba so I can approach xbmc live from my windows pc and "fill" the USB harddisk that is attached to XBMC.

This has been working great for some time now. Just this week I wanted to add a folder.jpg file to a movie and when I store it there I get the error message above (so in windows that is). I put the movie there two weeks ago so why now suddenly can't I add a file to the same folder? Tried filezilla as well (sftp) and that doesn't work either. Is this something with rights, can someone give me some pointers what to try or do?
Small step closer, filezilla shows root to be the owner of the problem folders. I guess they were made under openelec where you get root account. Now running xbmc live and have no root. Chown -r gives me permission denied.

Can i change owner from root to xbmc somehow under xbmc live or must I either run openelec again or copy all the files to my pc and recreate new folders (guess I then still can't delete the old ones).
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Root

kees667 Wrote:Small step closer, filezilla shows root to be the owner of the problem folders. I guess they were made under openelec where you get root account. Now running xbmc live and have no root. Chown -r gives me permission denied.

Can i change owner from root to xbmc somehow under xbmc live or must I either run openelec again or copy all the files to my pc and recreate new folders (guess I then still can't delete the old ones).
Thanks, solved now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SAMBA: you need permission to perform this action0