Actualy which USB IR receiver for live/linux
I want buy or make USB IR receiver to use it under live/linux XBMC. I want know which receiver is working under usb and isn't problem to buy or build.

Thanks

Alda
I just picked up a HP Microsft MCE compatible receiver and remote from ebay for I think it was 19 dollars including shipping. That works great, plug and play with OpenELEC and with it being MCE compatible it should be a breeze to set up in other Linux version as well.
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
I have a HP MCE remote + receiver that I got off eBay for 20-something dollars and it has worked flawlessly. It took a bit of mucking around to work with natty + xbmc due to changes with the driver but once you get it working they do a great job. The remote that comes with the HP receiver doesn't feel cheap either.
I have a cheap MCE remote + receiver that came from maplin. Slightly annoying to get it to work on natty because of the driver (have to configure lirc with "linux input event" and not MCE remotes). Haven't got round to checking it on oneiric yet. Basically any MCE remote should just work with it after configuring lirc.
any link to on-line shop ? or ebay ?

Alda
Just to chime in with what i've got working in my setup.

eBay Link: Original HP USB MCE IR Wireless Receiver

A warning; there seem to be a few variations of this unit running around. As such, the one i got was not supported out of the box because it's device ID was not part of the drivers supported devices list. (Does that make any sense?)

I had to add the device ID into the driver, recompile the driver and all was working. I run Gentoo Linux and recompiling is not a problem..... i don't know what would be involved on a Live system, so do your research if you want one that "Just Works".

Wait and see what other responses you may get, someone else is likely to have a better answer or option for you. Nod

Good Luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Actualy which USB IR receiver for live/linux0