ATV 2 XBMC crashing on load up
I have a problem this morning with XBMC, first time Ive had it. When I try to load XBMC on my ATZ 2, the XBMC logo appears as it tries to load and then it crashes out back to the main ATV 2 screen.

Ive uninstalled and re-installed XBMC but the same thing is happening. I havent downloaded anything recently that I can think of that could be causing an issue.

Anyway Ive looked for any crash logs and the only one I can find from today is below. Im a novice when it comes to reporting logs so hopefully Ive provided the correct information:

http://pastebin.com/q6S8zAa2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Big Grin
adox Wrote:I have a problem this morning with XBMC, first time Ive had it. When I try to load XBMC on my ATZ 2, the XBMC logo appears as it tries to load and then it crashes out back to the main ATV 2 screen.

Ive uninstalled and re-installed XBMC but the same thing is happening. I havent downloaded anything recently that I can think of that could be causing an issue.

Anyway Ive looked for any crash logs and the only one I can find from today is below. Im a novice when it comes to reporting logs so hopefully Ive provided the correct information:

http://pastebin.com/q6S8zAa2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Big Grin

This is not a crashreporterfile ... you've grabbed the wrong file. Though the xbmc.log could be handy beside the correct crashreporter file. But i bet its a corrupted database...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@ adox
Debug log: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC.log
Syslog: /var/log/syslog
CrashReporter: /var/logs/CrashReporter/*.plist

@Memphiz

Do you know what causes the database to corrupt ? i.e. is it avoidable by the way we are installing/running xbmc ?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sorry guys:

debug log

Crashreporter

Tried uploading the Syslog file but it wont upload to pastebin. Seems too big? 25MB
If Memphiz needs it, you can try hosting at mediafire.com
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0c7euaqa529yrc7

Syslog
Anyone got any ideasHuh?
For me it helped to remove all files in my Movie folder.
eaidland Wrote:For me it helped to remove all files in my Movie folder.

Thanks, will try this but can't see it as any sort of permanent fix if it does work?
There is a SQLlite error at the end - just as Memphiz predicted.

Delete the databases and rescrape.

rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*
g-off Wrote:There is a SQLlite error at the end - just as Memphiz predicted.

Delete the databases and rescrape.

Hi, thanks for the response.

Could you give an idiots walk through of how to do the above?
Exit from XBMC
You already know how to ssh into the ATV2.
Paste this command into the prompt

it will delete the xbmc databases. Restart xbmc and it will make new ones with no data in them. You will then need to rescan/update your library again. Scraping is the process of extracting the data from your media and online databases to build the library.
activate Wrote:@Memphiz

Do you know what causes the database to corrupt ? i.e. is it avoidable by the way we are installing/running xbmc ?

No clue. But it seems to happen only to users which use the internal sqlite db. I'm using a central mysql server and haven't experienced corruption.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Good to know, thanks.

Memphiz Wrote:No clue. But it seems to happen only to users which use the internal sqlite db. I'm using a central mysql server and haven't experienced corruption.

Is there a HOW-TO or FAQ on using an alternate SQL database location. I'd love to give this a try and centralise my database across multiple ATV2s but couldn't find anything describing how this could be done and the benefits / drawbacks..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV 2 XBMC crashing on load up0