Tv out for xbmc on ipad
Tried it with the workaround (swipe on the text), and i must say this is a great feature! Thank you Memphiz for your work!
All i need now is a Hdmi dock for my iDevices.

I noticed that the max resolution that i can choose is 1280x720,Is it possible to have a 1920x1080 resolution?
By the way, in the last release of 8 may, the xbmc logo appears and the control is ok, but the main menu of XBMC is really choppy and stuttered
What are the steps and requirements in each end (ipad and atv2 in my case) to enable this over AirPlay? I have Eden on atv2 and the latest nightly on the ipad, and I just can't figure it out.. Is a video cable a requirement?
720p ouput is max for most devices. ipad2 and ipad3 and iphone4s might do 1080p. So or so its a hardware limitation which is the max resolution reported.

Normally this feature needs a cable (hdmi, vga, component). Only the devices which support airplay mirroring allow it to "airplay" the whole xbmc to the tv (via atv2 with at least ios 4.4.4). Only iphone4s, ipad2 and ipad3 support airplay mirroring (since ios 5.0).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Precision about my last post, the menu is choppy when i'm using a profile using a mysql database.
If i'm using a profile with local database, there is no problem.
Nightly release of may 7th is ok, but release of 8th and 9th are choppy with mysql profile.
Any ideas ?
slyz its because its trying to update the database as of the latest db layout changes. I guess the next nightly will get you through the db update then. (you can peak in your log and will see multiple errors during update). I recommend to remove the v63 mysql db prior to start the nightly from tomorrow for letting it do a clean upgrade.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I understand, Thanks for you clear explanations.
(2012-05-09, 00:12)Memphiz Wrote: 720p ouput is max for most devices. ipad2 and ipad3 and iphone4s might do 1080p. So or so its a hardware limitation which is the max resolution reported.

Normally this feature needs a cable (hdmi, vga, component). Only the devices which support airplay mirroring allow it to "airplay" the whole xbmc to the tv (via atv2 with at least ios 4.4.4). Only iphone4s, ipad2 and ipad3 support airplay mirroring (since ios 5.0).

So with the nightly's does xbmc now support airplay mirroring. I have xbmc on both a iphone 4s on 5.01. What I'm wanting to know is if I want to mirror xbmc from my iphone 4s to the apple tv is it possible now.

Thanks in advance
yep that should work - someone here did exactly that - maybe he can give you a short howto...
Is this tv-out working for everyone here?
I don't seem to be able to use it.... I have an ipad 3 and in System - Video Output menu, the display resolution is 1024*768 - there is no other setting.
When I try to change the "full screen" setting, it just stays at "Full screen #1" - no other option here either.
Mirroring is ok.
Is there any other trick to it (on the youtube video it seemed that that is all I need)?

I use the 20120526-0a6a007 nightly build and an official hdmi adapter.

Thanks
(2012-05-29, 16:41)krisztian Wrote: Is this tv-out working for everyone here?
I don't seem to be able to use it.... I have an ipad 3 and in System - Video Output menu, the display resolution is 1024*768 - there is no other setting.
When I try to change the "full screen" setting, it just stays at "Full screen #1" - no other option here either.
Mirroring is ok.
Is there any other trick to it (on the youtube video it seemed that that is all I need)?

I use the 20120526-0a6a007 nightly build and an official hdmi adapter.

Thanks

Did you start XBMC with the adapter plugged in? XBMC needs to see it when it starts up to use it.
(2012-03-03, 08:51)iDancer Wrote: some devs out there who want to code the fullscreen option on ipad2 mirroring while using xbmc and playing movies (especially 720p and 1080p)? would be really nice since XBMC can play these movies on the ipad2 screen but not with the "right" resolution since ipad2 isnt that big as a full hd tv!

Already supported in iOS nightly builds: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...tly_builds
Not only the adapter but even the TV turned on (or the screen or amp or whatever is plugged into via hdmi).
(FYI: Some of the info in this post I already already mentioned in this thread: [iPad] XBMC using both the camera kit and HDMI adapter together? )

Soooooo, I'm really excited about this feature. So much so that I ordered this multi-adapter from deal extreme. As most will probably know by now, HDMI and SD-card access unfortunately don't work at the same time, however Composite & SD-card do work at the same time.

This makes it very interesting for me to have the composite tv-out working correctly. So I've been testing that with the latest nightly ( xbmc-20120529-8c1f246 ) on iOS 5.1.1.

The good news, composite out also works. If you go to options, you can select fullscreen #2 and the screen turns on and you can use it. the not so good news, it's not full screen.

Below is a picture of what it looks like. the problem seems to be the resolution that is selected. The only option is 720x576, and it's just not wide enough. I did try calibrating, to see if I could get it full screen with that, but unfortunately, the maximum overscan (or underscan in this case) wasn't enough.

In the picture there is no overscan correction, both the upperleft en lowerright correction is at [0,0]. If I put the maximum correction (about 180) I still have only about 70 percent less black.

PS
Some additional nitpicks, which I'm sure memphiz already noticed himself:
- The default iPad skin Touched is not suited for this, since after going to tv-out mode, you don't know what your selecting anymore (because there is no highlight of the currently focused control element)
- Confluence in the nightly doesn't have an easily accessed Profiles button, to switch profiles.

BTW, I like the new blue Confluence background.

PPS
I'm available for debugging/testing purposes. I know normally no support without debug logs, but since this didn't seem like a debug log worthy "problem". However, if a debug log is wanted, just say the word.

BTW 2
In the picture you see the iPad playing the a video from the SD-card on the TV, using the composite cable.
Just to make sure, are normal iOS apps that have video out working with full-screen and composite out?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv out for xbmc on ipad0