• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')
dsimages Wrote:Personally I dont think categories should mix, other than movies and tv shows.
Another idea is to have the script return tv show logos instead of covers. I know that might look weird with movies posters though.

Mix categories in script != mix categories on home page

Question here (AFAIC) is wether to leave this script as a "WatchList" script, or make it "Recommended items" script.

Since nobody seams to care, I say leave it as is.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

ronie Wrote:we can already show recently added items, random items, addons, favourites, tv shows you're watching, movies you didn't finish, the item that's currently being played/listened to...

i'm thinking maybe it would make sense to merge all if it into one big script...
+1 . I am no skinner or programmer, but this makes sense. And as a user I know which topic to follow for updates and we know who the bug for request. Wink

ronie Wrote:i'm also wondering why did we move recently added to xbmc core?
Don't know. But as I understand this is the opposite of what the XBMC team wants. So it seems logical this will be eventually removed from the xbmc core in the near or far future. Right?
I think the long term plan is to have all library info available anywhere within XBMC.
tikkiew Wrote:Don't know. But as I understand this is the opposite of what the XBMC team wants. So it seems logical this will be eventually removed from the xbmc core in the near or far future. Right?

You did notice that ronie is on the XBMC Team, right?
Nope didn't know that. My reply was based on some general comments I read about XBMC core and addons.

Example - Quote wiki : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on_manager
In the future the plan is to break even more of the XBMC core components out to Add-ons,
with the current binary add-on effort (slated for XBMC 11.0) being a key component.

So I started to think if it can be made as an addon, it will be made eventually as an addon.

But what do I know?
Hey all master-skin-devs ;-)

just curious:
how do you execute the script?
I thought about <onload> of the widget and then it should populate, but this one does not work...
I saw that hitcher had another thread with <onunload> and pieh suggested a service-addon...
to be honest python is not my business and I did not find a how-to for service addons...
Can anyone point me into the right direction?

EDIT: Must have been blind...found the wiki-article about service addons...sorry guys...

AGAIN EDIT: For those who are interested:
I wrote a servce addon that triggers the watchlist script at every xbmc-startup...addon can be found in the xbmcnerds-repo for eden-pre:
http://code.google.com/p/repository-xbmc...p&can=2&q=

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
This script works just fine using <onload>RunScript(script.watchlist)</onload>. I currently run it form the Home.xml but ideally it would be run when a video has stopped playing.
Any clues on how to make this script usable on an atv2 with a remote mysql? If it took 10 seconds on my PC hosting the mysql server it takes 1.5min on my atv2 which makes for a *long* wait until the properties are populated. Could a resource file be used to speed things up on subsequent launches and would it be possible to somehow detect changes since the previous execution a bit faster that way?

Just some guesswork, but I really would like to use this script on couple of atv2 boxes too.
odt_x Wrote:Any clues on how to make this script usable on an atv2 with a remote mysql? If it took 10 seconds on my PC hosting the mysql server it takes 1.5min on my atv2 which makes for a *long* wait until the properties are populated.

mind posting a atv2 Debug Log?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
pecinko Wrote:How? It started as "On Deck" and that I understand as a handy list that shows items you will probably be most interested in (at least it is in Plex, does not have to be the same in XBMC). Thus:

- unfinished movies
- unfinished or next unwatched episodes
- most played music
- recently used addons

make perfect sense now, cheers!
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
two_OH_five Wrote:Might be worth changing
Code:
            lastplayed = item['lastplayed']
to
Code:
            try:
                lastplayed = item['lastplayed']
            except:
                lastplayed = ""

i will, though i still think this a bug in xbmc...
odt_x Wrote:Any clues on how to make this script usable on an atv2 with a remote mysql? If it took 10 seconds on my PC hosting the mysql server it takes 1.5min on my atv2 which makes for a *long* wait until the properties are populated. Could a resource file be used to speed things up on subsequent launches and would it be possible to somehow detect changes since the previous execution a bit faster that way?

Just some guesswork, but I really would like to use this script on couple of atv2 boxes too.

Have you added indexes to your tables?
ronie Wrote:mind posting a atv2 Debug Log?

Here you go,http://pastebin.com/wbUnCBg8

In this log I ran with a custom script where I commented out:
# self._fetch_movies()
# self._set_movie_properties()

And added couple of log points to episodes
Big_Noid Wrote:Have you added indexes to your tables?

No I have not, I thought they are part of the new DB schema?

EDIT: I checked, and yes.. all related tables have several indexes.
Hi!

I have a script-error when returning to home screen after playing a movie or tv-show.

Code:
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
00:40:59 T:2883578736  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Process - Setting the Python path to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.demjson/$
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.watchlist" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: script.watchlist: script version 0.0.4 started
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: script.watchlist: ### json query
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Connecting to sqlite:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database/:MyVideos57.db
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: RunQuery took 19 ms for 241 items query: select * from movieview
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Connecting to sqlite:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database/:MyVideos57.db
00:41:00 T:2883578736   DEBUG: script.watchlist: ### load response
00:41:00 T:2883578736    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
00:41:00 T:2883578736   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
00:41:00 T:2883578736   ERROR: Error Contents: Expecting property name: line 1 column 2929 (char 2929)
00:41:00 T:2883578736   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 183, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 18, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_movies()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 34, in _fetch_movies
                                                json_response = simplejson.loads(json_query)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 351, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 36, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_object((string, idx + 1), encoding, strict, _scan_once, object_hook)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 185, in JSONObject
                                                value, end = scan_once(s, end)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 36, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_object((string, idx + 1), encoding, strict, _scan_once, object_hook)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 185, in JSONObject
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 38, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_array((string, idx + 1), _scan_once)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 235, in JSONArray
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 217, in JSONObject
                                                raise ValueError(errmsg("Expecting property name", s, end - 1))
                                            ValueError: Expecting property name: line 1 column 2929 (char 2929)
00:41:00 T:2883578736    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
00:41:00 T:2883578736    INFO: Python script stopped
00:41:00 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2883578736 terminating
00:41:00 T:9462064   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 8 to stop
00:41:00 T:9462064   DEBUG: python thread 8 destructed

after a reboot everything i working great again, but the script error sucks.

Did I do something wrong? do you need more info?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')2