Will XBMC automatically update..
Hi,

I installed XBMC about 7 months ago, and have been EXTREMELY happy with it. First HTPC product to cover ALL my needs.Big Grin

Now to my question, will it automatically update as new releases are released - or do I need to install latest version my self.

If I install the newest version - will I loose all my settings? (libraries etc)

Thank You,
Joergen
No, will not update auto.
When you update you should be able to keep your settings.
isamu.dragon Wrote:No, will not update auto.
When you update you should be able to keep your settings.

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand.

By update you mean installing the latest version of XBMC ? Or is there an "update" option in the settings (which I can't find) ?

Thank You,
Joergen
You could download the passion-XBMC repository which contains a plugin which can download and update to the latest nightly from within XBMC itself.

repository.passion.xbmc.org-1.0.4.zip

Download that zip file then in XBMC go to:

System > Add-ons > install from zip file

point to the zip file you downloaded above. You now have a new repository in your XBMC add-ons with more plugins available to download. I suggest installing the following 2 plugins first:
Now you have a new repository you can Install these 2 plugins by going to:

System > Add-ons > Passion-XBMC.org Add-ons > Program Add-ons

You will find both of these plugins there.

The repository installer does exactly what it says; it installs unofficial repositories thus enabling you to install unofficial plugins.

XBMC Builds Repository installs the latest nightly build of XBMC from within XBMC itself.

Once you have installed these plugins you will be able to use them from the Programs section of XBMC

you could also download XBMC Updater

PS. You should not lose your settings when you update to the latest nightly build.
Keep in mind these 'updates' ie the nightly builds are ALL beta versions of the software. This means they are test versions, bugs are to be expected. The point of beta software is to test for bugs and report them. If this is not what you are after just keep the stable Dharma 10.1 version until the Eden version is complete and ready for release.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Also before you update to a nightly build (beta) back up your library. Your library will stay when you update but you cant go back. So if you go back to 10.1 you have a back up to get your library back
Thank you ! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will XBMC automatically update..0