request for madvr support please
this from madshi the madvr dev:

"Well, I've added a number of callbacks which might already help. They're explained in "mvrInterfaces.h" which is shipping with madVR. If anybody wants to talk to me I'm open for that, they can email me at any time they want. I'm also willing to consider adding more custom interfaces to support XBMC. However, we'll have to think about what makes sense and what not. As far as I know, XBMC insists of presenting every frame itself. That does collide with madVR because madVR wants to do the presentation itself.
I'm willing to help, though, as far as I can. I'm not sure if I can change the basic way madVR works, though. Why does XBMC require madVR to render to a Direct3D surface? That is not a good solution, IMHO, because if I do that, XBMC takes over a lot of responsibilities that madVR was written for. E.g. when and how to present the rendered frames would be done by XBMC. That would disable the whole internal madVR "smooth motion" logic. It would also disable madVR's automatic fullscreen exclusive mode and some more soon-to-come (not announced yet) features.

The better approach would be for XBMC to "hook into" madVR and draw it's GUI to the madVR Direct3D surfaces, so that madVR can keep responsibility of when and how to present the frames.

I'm planning to add new interfaces/APIs to madVR in the very next build which will allow media players to draw stuff over the madVR rendered video. I've been talking to the ZoomPlayer, PotPlayer and J.River Media Center guys and they told me their wishes and I'll implement them. They all have different wishes, funny enough, so I'll actually implement 3 different ways to draw media player GUI stuff when using madVR. Maybe one of these will work for XBMC, too? The 3 ways will be these:

(1) You can register for a callback. Your callback function will be called once for every video frame. You'll be able to render your GUI in your callback.

(2) You can provide madVR with a bitmap with a color key for transparency, which madVR will then automatically draw over every video frame.

(3) You can provide madVR with a bitmap with a full 8bit alpha channel which madVR will then automatically draw over every video frame.

Would one of these work for you? If not, let me know what you need and I might be able to implement it. I can not really totally change madVR, though. It must stay madVR's duty to present the frames. "

well there you have it please xbmc devs lets get the video engine of xbmc updated it needs it Nod

heres a small tut , that will explain exactly what id like to be incorporated into xbmc , thanks in advance

http://imouto.my/watching-h264-videos-us...ture-cuda/

madshis email : [email protected]
Would love to see madvr support.
+1 vote for madVR support, if at all possible Smile
+1
OMG! This would be a dream come true!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
If madvr gets supported, XBMC would play 10-bit files, wouldn't it? If so, go for it xD
Maybe for xbmc 13. Smile
+1 - love to see this for best overall picture

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
Japaja Wrote:Maybe for xbmc 13. Smile

i sure hope sooner Sad , hell madshi is just waiting till a xbmc dev sends him an email but atm nobody seems interested kinda unbelievable Oo
anonymlol Wrote:If madvr gets supported, XBMC would play 10-bit files, wouldn't it? If so, go for it xD

no wrong its lav filters that do the 10bit decoding not madvr Rolleyes
Madvr is not for all platforms. I think it is better to improve xbmc render to achieve madvr quality on all platform supported.
The (rather good news) is that Tiben has returned at least for now to DSPlayer development and is working with Madshi to try and integrate MadVR into the DSPlayer branch of XBMC.

Give DSPlayer already gives you control of which filters you use for decoding, providing Tiben is able to maintain a moderate level of activity, I'd say the future is positive for this becoming a feature in at least ONE version of XBMC Smile

I just hope he continues the development, Blinkseb and Tiben's DSPlayer, despite it's beta/unfinished nature, is probably STILL the best video player for XBMC on the Windows platform in terms of capabilities, especially with the newer merges; even if the XBMC development community tried to ditch the product because it was Windows only (a sad development Sad)
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
yeah i know i just posted in the preeden dsplayer thread the future is looking rosy red once again woot!!! xD

to taravel sorry bro but NOTHING comes close to madvr ...word!!! xD
hentai23 Wrote:to taravel sorry bro but NOTHING comes close to madvr ...word!!! xD
Yeah... it's not a night and day difference but the difference is there for people really keen on getting the best out of their setup.

On the other hand, for the longest time people were saying that XBMC never would have gotten DXVA and look where we are now. So, if madshi is interested in sharing (is madVR open source?), maybe we could get madVR on all platforms (or at least OSX, Linux and Windows).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
well if youd check my first page of this thread just zap him an email and see what he sez , never hurts to ask ey? xD

and shows the general interest in madvr so its a positive thing nonetheless

btw why you think ive opened this request to be integrated into xbmc officially? cause madshi is of course interested in integrating madvr into as many platforms as possible its the job of the xbmc devs to show theyre interest and zap him an pm as said

p.s: tiben20 is working on a modified xbmc built to get all kind of codecs like lav filters, madvr, ffdshow etc integrated into xbmc and mpchc functions into it too, so we enthusiasts dont need to rely on external players hooked into xbmc no more -.-'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
request for madvr support please3