[LIVE] NFS support, sharing libraries etc.
Running the nightly build from 08/11/2011 (Sorry I can't be more specific, I'm nowhere near the machine right now)

I'm currently using my NFS exports from my server mount to /media/Video.

I've got a MYSQL server running also, which I have used advancedsettings.xml to tell it to use for the library, using the lifehacker guide.

So far so good.

I also have an ATV2, which I would like to have share the library, again I've set up advancedsettings.xml to point the library to the server. I have this accessing the NFS via the built in NFS support. All good.

Now from what I understand, they both have to be using EXACTLY the same pathnames for access to the media.

With Live, can I just use nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/raid/Videos in the "add source" section, or do I HAVE to use the NFS entries in fstab and add the source from the local mounts?

If this is the case I can't see any choice other than having to switch to SMB to get the identical media source paths.

Cheers in advanced!
And yes, they do have to be the exact same thing (or you can get fancy with path substitution).

And if you use nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/raid/Videos, why can't you just add that to the source of both and be done with it? (NFS is built in to xbmc now days).
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I thought I'd read that NFS WASN'T built into Live.

I don't remember seeing the option to browse NFS when adding a source, but I suppose that doesn't mean I can't just directly type it in.

Will try tonight and report back.

Have to say the forums have been fantastically helpful.

Awesome community for an awesome piece of software. Smile
Richy Freeway Wrote:I thought I'd read that NFS WASN'T built into Live.

I don't remember seeing the option to browse NFS when adding a source, but I suppose that doesn't mean I can't just directly type it in.

Will try tonight and report back.

Have to say the forums have been fantastically helpful.

Awesome community for an awesome piece of software. Smile

You are right - not seeing the Browse NFS option indicates that the version you use doesn't have builtin NFS support.

It seems XBMC live still doesn't build libnfs ... have to talk to the devs later about that one ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
In that case then I guess it's gonna have to be SMB all round!
My question. Is getting NFS support just a matter of compiling libnfs and installing? Or does xbmc need to be compiled from scratch?

My current setup is XBMC on a minimal install of Maverick (built using the wiki instructions), so it is basically a built from scratch Live install. I've switched over the the 'Unstable' ppa to use the nightlies (mainly to keep it in sync with my ATV2 installs).

this is currently the only box in the house still using SMB shares and I;d like to move it over to NFS. I could mount the shares using fstab, but seems a waste if NFS support is already built in.

Thanks is advance.
XBMC needs recompiled from scratch.

And like I said. Path substitution.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Any plan to get libnfs into the builds now that we are in beta 2? I am about to install 2 new ATV2 units to share a database with an existing live installation. Without libnfs, I will have to add mappings to each of them. I would like to avoid compiling if possible as the PPAs work well in every other instance.
Should be sorted shortly if i read the commit logs correct.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Should be sorted shortly if i read the commit logs correct.

Thanks, Memphiz. Since I'll be sorting out my library (mounted paths to nfs:// references) and rehashing the thumbnails, I was hoping to do it once and for all when the new ATV2s come in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] NFS support, sharing libraries etc.0