• 7(current)
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec
(2012-04-10, 17:08)waver123 Wrote: legiong,
Can you order a 3rd party brick to use with the ISK300-65 in Aus? That's what a lot of us is thinking to do.
Oh btw it's generic build....that what the op told me to use.

Thanks for that. I see you're switching over to a Win7 combination, was openelec a disappointing experience?

After some more thorough searching I've found the case available interstate in aus. Powersupply is quite cheap on ebay. Awesome, this is looking good Big Grin
waver123 could you please tell us what watts you get with the Prime95 and Furmark tests? Do just one at a time if you can please.
yeah, i wanna those waver!! Smile
(2012-04-11, 02:50)legiong Wrote: Thanks for that. I see you're switching over to a Win7 combination, was openelec a disappointing experience?

After some more thorough searching I've found the case available interstate in aus. Powersupply is quite cheap on ebay. Awesome, this is looking good Big Grin

No I'm installing win7 because those guys below you are asking for prime95 power usage..... Big Grin openelec was flawless on a6-3500.

(checking on win7 installation progress.......)

FTW waver123!!
Oh thank you waver.... I don't have a power meter......
get one for free!!! --> FreePowerMeter.com (quick! only 2 left!!)

(2012-04-11, 05:35)eskro Wrote: get one for free!!! --> FreePowerMeter.com (quick! only 2 left!!)

Give Bush a break man...Obama already gave him enough BS. I cannot wait to see Romney in the WH next year......Nod

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
wasn't it funny? hahaha
ImageImage

ImageImage

prime95: I got ~75-76W steady, ocassional spike to 78W
furmark: most of the time ~56W, saw 1 spike to 62 and 1 to 70.
Wow! Thank you for this so much.... I will add this post to my build. Now as I can see then it's great that I am doing a 90w brick instead of the 120w I was going to do. Looks also that your 80w in your case is up to the task. So it looks like the 65w brick that comes stock on the case will not be good. Very nice that the gpu it's at 49c under stress...
very nice waver!! thanks for these tests!!

A) what about trying CPU + GPU burn at same time?

B) what about when PC is idle?

C) what about 1080P playback in XBMC?

keep it up waver!!

i knew the 80W PSU in the ISK100/110 series was capable of handling the A6-3500!!

Smile
Quote:Looks also that your 80w in your case is up to the task.

i knew it would!!

Quote:So it looks like the 65w brick that comes stock on the case will not be good.

well, i still wouldnt say that...

if your using it as XBMC client only a.k.a not a gaming machine,
the stock 65W brick will still handle it...

you'll never stress your hardware like Prime95 and Furmark do!!

if waver123 is willing to conduct test A -B -C for us,
we'll see!!

thanks for posting that! are those power and temp readings with or without the Scythe cooler you ordered?
I'm wondering if you could fit it on with eskro's advice to remove the fan.
i think he didnt receive the SCYTHE cooler yet.
you'd get similar resultz anyways...
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec5