• 9(current)
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec
lol, just pm'd you basically the same thing.
where is it for $36?
amazon is telling me $49.95 + $9 delivery.
If you cut a circular hole in the case cover, you might be able to fit this chrome passive CUP cooler- Nofan CR-95C IcePipe 95W Fanless CPU Cooler.......Rofl

It'll get your visitor attention for sure!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
That would look awesome sticking out the side, it might throw it a little off balance though, lol!
i got a isk300-65 with a asrock a75m-itx and amd 3850. I bought the 135w a/c adapter from the first link. Hooked everything up and I am getting constant restarts and the machine doesnt even POST. I had an extra ATX power supply laying around so i disconnected the DC-DC board inside and hooked up the ATX power supply directly to the mobo. Everything fires right up and works. So it must be a power issue.... anyone have any recommendations?
(2012-04-13, 19:00)OopsAllBerrys Wrote: i got a isk300-65 with a asrock a75m-itx and amd 3850. I bought the 135w a/c adapter from the first link. Hooked everything up and I am getting constant restarts and the machine doesnt even POST. I had an extra ATX power supply laying around so i disconnected the DC-DC board inside and hooked up the ATX power supply directly to the mobo. Everything fires right up and works. So it must be a power issue.... anyone have any recommendations?
Welcome to the forum...!

That is why I don't like to mess around with other alternative other than the standard ATX PSU......you can get a silent fanless ATX PSU too- SeaSonic X series SS-400FL Active PFC F3 400W ATX12V Fanless 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-13, 19:16)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 19:00)OopsAllBerrys Wrote: i got a isk300-65 with a asrock a75m-itx and amd 3850. I bought the 135w a/c adapter from the first link. Hooked everything up and I am getting constant restarts and the machine doesnt even POST. I had an extra ATX power supply laying around so i disconnected the DC-DC board inside and hooked up the ATX power supply directly to the mobo. Everything fires right up and works. So it must be a power issue.... anyone have any recommendations?
Welcome to the forum...!

That is why I don't like to mess around with other alternative other than the standard ATX PSU......you can get a silent fanless ATX PSU too- SeaSonic X series SS-400FL Active PFC F3 400W ATX12V Fanless 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

thanks, i thought i was a member as i've been using xbmc since it was xbox media center but maybe they redid the user registration since then.

Well i cant use a regular ATX PSU, it wont fit in the isk300-65 case! i was only using a regular PSU to see what the problem was.
you shouldnt have problems,
the 135w brick you bought has all correct specs.
probably a bad unit. rma
went browsing @ microcenter and saw a "shuriken rev B"....couldn't resist and pick one up for comparison.

Here's my current isk-100 case with the stock hs, it barely clears after I removed the case fan.

isk-100 + shuriken rev B, woah!

LOL it sticks out pretty bad

stock

shruken type b

big shruken

went into image limit.....here's the comparison pic Smile

the 3 stooges
Sweetness.... So shuriken2 V.B Fits... woah!!!! hey what is the other? I thought you already had the V.B as I do...

I'm sorry I just read... the non- B version....

this one right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835185129

So are you happy now? it should keep the temps down.... by itself...
@beer,
that was just shuriken Rev.B I bought the shuriken 2 earlier (the big one). Neither of which I can close the case even after I remove the fan hah. Right now I just use the stock HS and tune down the fan, it's actually not too bad.

Time to move these to the ISK300!

this is the one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835185097
(2012-04-19, 06:35)waver123 Wrote: @beer,
that was just shuriken Rev.B I bought the shuriken 2 earlier (the big one). Neither of which I can close the case even after I remove the fan hah. Right now I just use the stock HS and tune down the fan, it's actually not too bad.

Time to move these to the ISK300!

this is the one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835185097

Ok sweet..... I own that one the REv 3 right?

you had me confused because that one its not called BIG

I own that one too on my other pc....

can you do me a favor when you get the isk300

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1080482

I believe the Scythe SCSK-1100 100mm Shuriken Rev. B 3

Fits with out cutting the bracket.... take a look...

you might need to clip it on quick to get a good fit ....please let me know...

I am planning to build another isk300 and may use the 1100

Yes I was going to try the old rev B in it first, I think it would fit, I also picked up a noctua NF-R8 to replace the case fan, figure that would be quiet enough, if not I'll use the big shuriken and a saw Smile
(2012-04-19, 06:51)waver123 Wrote: Yes I was going to try the old rev B in it first, I think it would fit, I also picked up a noctua NF-R8 to replace the case fan, figure that would be quiet enough, if not I'll use the big shuriken and a saw Smile

Yes the B 3

LOL a saw.... I used the metal scissors.... worked great.

Honesly the stock 80mm fan that comes with it is very very nice.... its not loud on the first setting.... it's very nice that it has 3 settings you can switch on the back of the case.... inc ase one day it gets very hot.... but I doubt that you will need to switch....

try the stock fan first.... Smile

when you going to get the case?

it's tight but it fits baby! it's FTW with non-big Shuriken rev B.!

Beer the only difference between ours is I use non-big Shuriken, I'm using corsair 1600 ddr3, and I replace the side fan with a noctua NF-R8, and I got a 120W brick. It's amazing how dead silence this is.

the cable will need some more clean up LOL.

That is awesome! I knew that it would fit after I measured. This is good news! at least I did try the big shuriken 120MM....

But for a fact the 120mm is just a little more silent (not too much). But honestly both will be the same after the lid is on.

This will make it easier for other people and still be silent.

But I am going to use this on my next build that is going to be my desktop.

• 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec5