[ATV2] Just crashed yet again - have all the logs. This may help solve it!
This really needs to get fixed. It's making my ATV2 XBMC install pointless. I am also using todays nightly (17th Nov). Mine exits to nitoTV approximately every 15 minutes of video viewing time.

I've noticed loads of threads being started on here with lots of different types of problems reported in the XBMC.log. But I think they are generated at random due to what I have just found on my ATV2 (This has nothing to do with MySQL's recent behavior).

UpdateBeGone is installed and everything is upto date.

Reading through the Wiki, it explains all the places to check and I have all these files from my ATV2 approximately 30 seconds after it exited XBMC during a TV Show and returned to nitoTV without warning.

The main one I find of interest is called 'LowMemory-2011-11-19-040017.plist'. I have literally hundreds of these with different times and dates as they are generated when it crashes and I believe this is the cause for everyone's headaches ATM. Rolleyes

As for the RAM being rinsed as appears to be the case- XBMC and nitoTV are the only things on my ATV2. It was bought for the sole purpose of XBMC in my Bedroom, it would seem one of these would be to blame for hogging it all.

In this Zip file is -

LowMemory-2011-11-19-040017.plist
syslog
com.apple.preferences.datetime.plist
org.tomcool.SMFramework.eventManager.plist
com.applefrontrow.iTunes.plist
xbmc.log.

http://www.multiupload.com/MW034ANA5R

The reason they are all here is because they were all open/being accessed, the very same minute it exited to nitoTV.

I'm hoping from this information, ATV2/iOS can make a large jump forward to becoming stable or at least give somesort of indication to why or what is causing it to stop suddenly.

Would really appreciate someone 'in-the-know' to look at these and see if I am on the right track.

Anymore files or information needed, please let me know.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
a) re-jailbreak.

b) remove nitotv

c) move a file to local atv2 disk and play there to see if you are having network issues.

d) did I mention re-jailbreak ?

Your syslog is one of the most disturbing ones I've seen. All sorts of strange things going on including kernel kext crashes.

Mine hardly every crashes (unless I'm abusing them with experimental code) and stay up for weeks/months.
Hmmm.

I used Seas0nPass first time around. I'm certainly not going to update IOS5. I'll reload ATV back to the official 4.3 tomorrow if it lets me and keep you posted on progress.

Thanks for the heads up. Glad I maybe getting towards a solution now though.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
And i want to add that the most crashes are not caused by lowmemory ... we have seen this only 2 or 3 times in the forum now...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Do you play video on the ATV via iTunes? If so it caches video on disk, and fills it up quickly. Haven't looked at your logs, but could out of memory be disk space rather than ram?

It's happened to me.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I do not use iTunes at all. ATV2 purposely bought for XBMC.
All files are hosted on my NAS and just play across the network. They are all either MKV's or AVI's. No other formats required. Smile

EDIT-
Had to change this due to XBMC rules - My apologies. Will source the info elsewhere. Smile
Seems like my ATV2 has become sooooo much better.

I have the new FireCore logo on it now too.
XBMC has not crashed and the entire Library has been built.

Going to add my prefered skin now and see if stays playing nice.
Thanks for you help guys.
Hugely appreciated.
Oh dear,
Firecore logo has vanished and I'm back to square one.
Updatebegone was installed straight away, but looks like it still 'talked back'.

Will try again today.
DejaVu Wrote:Oh dear,
Firecore logo has vanished and I'm back to square one.
Updatebegone was installed straight away, but looks like it still 'talked back'.

Will try again today.

son't forget to reboot after installing updatebgone ... otherwise look at the wiki faq for making sure that it won't update by modifying /etc/hosts...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My XBMC runs perfectly smooth and has been doing so for a very long time. But there is one exception: if I use one of the fancy skins like Aeon or Aeon Nox. Then it crashes every so often, giving me LowMemory-errors as well.
The skins' programmers keep referring me to change arbitrary settings that have a high memory load. Although that makes the crashes less regular, opening and closing enough menus is - in the end - still enough to make XBMC quit.
As far as I've been able to tell, these errors occur on the ATV2 only. (I'm unsure about its presence on the iPad/iPhone-version of XBMC.)

Is the ATV2 perhaps just incapable of handling large skins, due to its small memory?
What do you mean you're back to square one? Did the device update firmware from Apple?
No, I still have XBMC, but it's crashing out to Frontrow every 15 minutes or viewing a video.
I am using the Confluence skin too.

Am I better off Jailbreaking it with something else other than Seas0npass? Like Greenpois0n perhaps? Or will it make no difference?
I am looking at this thread with interest.
I have been getting seriously fed up with XBMC crashing as soon as I boot it up. I haven't been having it on long enough to do anything.
If I watch anything through the ATV2 Media menu, everything is perfect.
Just upgraded to the latest nightly (20th Nov) and again, as soon as I booted that up, it scanned for content, downloaded about 15 movies then crashed.
Now it crashes as soon as I boot it. Can't do anything with it.
Driving me mad.

I used Green poison to JB mine, may look at doing season pass instead. I'll see where this thread goes.
Darnun Wrote:I am looking at this thread with interest.
I have been getting seriously fed up with XBMC crashing as soon as I boot it up. I haven't been having it on long enough to do anything.
If I watch anything through the ATV2 Media menu, everything is perfect.
Just upgraded to the latest nightly (20th Nov) and again, as soon as I booted that up, it scanned for content, downloaded about 15 movies then crashed.
Now it crashes as soon as I boot it. Can't do anything with it.
Driving me mad.

I used Green poison to JB mine, may look at doing season pass instead. I'll see where this thread goes.

You have of course turned off apple updates...
Oh and thanks for the helpful logs
Slight update from me. Re-JB'd with Seas0pass onto 4.3 again.

Booted to the Language selection for Apple TV and thought going any further may cause a talk back. So SSH'd from there.

Installed Cydia version of XBMC, Nito UpdateBeGone, editted hosts file to be sure and rebooted. Language selection again, I then installed todays nightly.

Confirmed successful JB with the Temporary FC Logo, which I think is a good touch.

Started scanning 685 Movies to it's library... Got to movie 226 thought it was sorted.
Started playing 2 Fast 2 Furios to test it and kicked me straight out to FrontRow.

Brand new xbmc.old.log -
http://pastebin.com/SHQX4rqM

CrashReporter directory has a LowMemory file.
http://pastebin.com/YiFcuhbS

Syslog
http://pastebin.com/NxFNFyAq

I'm even thinking about Tethering to 4.4.2 now...? Would that be an good idea or make no difference?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Just crashed yet again - have all the logs. This may help solve it!0