PS3 Bluray Remote Support
I am having an issue with a setup of XBMC using the PS3 Remote Application.

I can get everything working fine when the system is first started. What I run into is just after a show is over 75% done, or completes, is that only the basics of the remote continue to work. (Pause, Stop, Play) the rest of the remote, even arrow keys, stop working.

If I close down XBMC and restart it, everything returns to normal. I have tested restarting the Remote app, but that does not seem to effect it, so I am lead to believe that it is actually the XBMC that is the cause.

I have changed the Keymaps to only have one full set of keymaps, and those should be used at all times. I noticed in the original set that there were controls for each different menu, and although I thought I had them set right, it never seemed to make a difference and I kept having issues.

I have been thinking of trying EventGhost, but I like the simplicity of the Remote App, and would like to get it working.

I have also found that the remote tends to go to sleep, or disconnect from the system. If I pull the batteries, then it starts working fine again. If anyone knows how to get around that as well, it would be nice.

System running:
Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit
XBMC 10.1 release
you have a lot of strange errors, but it helps posting in the correct treat and not start a new one. that way all the info and help stays nicely together.

try http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38333

if that is the app you are using..
I was thinking of adding to that post, but as I stated, I feel it is more related to the XBMC then directly to the PS3 Remote Application.

Maybe someone can help explain how the XBMC changes modes, or handles what controls are used in each mode or area of the application. I feel that when a movie is playing, everything is working the same as it does in the main screen, but after it finishes, then only a few commands work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS3 Bluray Remote Support0