Video playback crashes
any of my camcorder video files that transcoded using handbrake.
atv2xbmcuser Wrote:any of my camcorder video files that transcoded using handbrake.

don't have a free atv2 right now but i'll try and loop some 1080 content and later download that file and see if I get the same thing.

however this sound like something goes wrong in releasing memory on the loop/playlist part...
Anybody else tried the video at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1MXFXGZ6 and experienced a crash of xbmc when playing the video in a loop?

@Jester: Did your xbmc crash?
atv2xbmcuser Wrote:Anybody else tried the video at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1MXFXGZ6 and experienced a crash of xbmc when playing the video in a loop?

@Jester: Did your xbmc crash?

I can't play this in a loop because the sample is so b0rked that playback never ends here ... could you give some hints how to reproduce the issue with this sample file?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
mhh well i've looped various things now via upnp (handbrake encoded stuff h.264) ... and there is no sign of memory leakage ... could you post your guisettings.xml please? it should be in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml ...

Could you test vice versa with my own testfile please and give feedback if it makes you problem reproducable aswell?:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/memleak.test.mp4
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Why can't you playback by video sample in a loop? What do you mean by b0rked?

Even with your test video I have a memory leackage, although from a higher start value because your video seems to require less memory: My free memory in "top" decreased from 46MB to 23MB within 10 minutes of looped playback.

Have you watched the free memory using "top" as well?

My guisettings.xml is at http://pastebin.com/vrq7sq3E
The way I played back the Videos in a Loop: press "menu" on the Video file, Click "Queue item", Click "now playing", press "left" Button on Remote, Choose "Repeat: all" (skin: confluence)
atv2xbmcuser Wrote:The way I played back the Videos in a Loop: press "menu" on the Video file, Click "Queue item", Click "now playing", press "left" Button on Remote, Choose "Repeat: all" (skin: confluence)

yeah i got you ... i looped via playlist, same as you did ... and watched memory usage ... your testvideo is broken ... it won't stop ... it just hangs after some secs and the loops the last second for me... i'll have a look at your guisettings when i have some more time...
mhh got your video playing now ... seems to be an issue when letting xbmc running in the debugger ... so its not broken ...
ok ... i reproduced that issue now ... we are leaking 4mb with his testvideo on each loop @davilla ... its instruments time Smile ... well its bed time here though *grrr*
Great!!! I almost gave up. Now I can hope again that the issue will eventually be solved.

I guess it is an issue with the playlist code, since the issue also exists when playing back multiple queued videos, either by queueing videos one by one or by playing back a whole folder of videos.

I think the issue even exists when "playing back" many photos (slideshow). I have to test that again.
Im seeing the same issue.

did we open a trac ticket already for this ?

EDIT:
created one just in case.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12262
The trac tickets says "mem leak playing back multiple queued videos on a loop
".

Please note that the problem is not limited to playback in a loop. The isse also exists if multiple queued videos are played back, i.e., even without looped playback.
atv2xbmcuser Wrote:The trac tickets says "mem leak playing back multiple queued videos on a loop
".

Please note that the problem is not limited to playback in a loop. The isse also exists if multiple queued videos are played back, i.e., even without looped playback.

Thanks, I'll add that to the ticket.
Any rough idea when this bug will be fixed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback crashes0