playercorefactory.xml
Hi guys, I just installed xbmc and Aeon MQ3... I'm still trying to figure out how everything work but it looks great so far..

I would like to use Zoomplayer external player for my videos. I have it set up already with all codecs for video and sound and working great.

I have tried to play with playercorefactory.xml but I can't make it work. I guess I am doing something wrong.

I was wondering if you could share your playercorefactory.xml setup for Zoomplayer if anyone is using it.

Thanks Charles
Nobody can help ? Sad
I'm not using ZoomPlayer but I can probably help you out as I've done a fair amount of fiddling with playercorefactory.xml and playing HD movies with MPC-HC.

Have you attempted to get it working yet? If so, please post a copy of playercorefactory.xml.

If not, please see here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players

Also, are you trying to only play specific files in ZP or do you want everything played there?
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Charles_cz Wrote:Hi guys, I just installed xbmc and Aeon MQ3... I'm still trying to figure out how everything work but it looks great so far..

I would like to use Zoomplayer external player for my videos. I have it set up already with all codecs for video and sound and working great.

I have tried to play with playercorefactory.xml but I can't make it work. I guess I am doing something wrong.

I was wondering if you could share your playercorefactory.xml setup for Zoomplayer if anyone is using it.

Thanks Charles
You can use these codes in post #52, but replace MPC-HC with your Zoomplayer. You can use MPC-HC too, and it is a very good player. You can download it from here- MPC-HC.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Of course I had my file in wrong folder...

here is copy of my xml file

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /f /play /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*1028p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I can't get Zoomplayer to close after I stop the movie. I have to manually close it to get back to MBMC. Here are arguments I can use. What change do I need to do to have Zoomplayer to close after I stop the movie before it ends?

Thanks Charles

Zoom Player can accept a file name as a parameter in order to play it.

You can also specify the following switches:
/Z - Start in Zoom mode (/Z:2 will zoom on the second monitor)
/F - Start in Fullscreen mode (/F:2 will fullscreen on the second monitor)
/M - Start Minimized
/Max - Start Maximized
/Q - Quit after playback completes (entire playlist)
/LockFS - Lock Zoom Player in Fullscreen mode (prevent exit to window mode)
/DVD - Force-Start in DVD Mode
/Media - Force-Start in Media Mode
/Play - Auto-Play (if there is files in a previous Playlist or a disc in DVD Mode)
/CDPlay - Scan all drives for CD-Audio content and play
/AudBar - Start Zoom Player in Audio Mode (Audio Bar)
/FileNav - Start Zoom Player within the File Navigator
/PlayNav - Start Zoom Player within the Playlist Navigator
/MediaNav - Start Zoom Player within the Media Library Navigator file list ("/MEDIANAV:MyAudio" will start with the "MyAudio" category file list)
/MediaCat - Start Zoom Player within the Media Library Navigator category list ("/MEDIACAT:MyVideo" will start in the "MyVideo" category selected)
/MouseOff - Hide the Mouse Cursor on start
/Close - Close any currently running instance of Zoom Player
/TCP - Start Zoom Player with TCP/IP interface enabled (/TCP:4096 will start it enabled on Port 4096)
/MultInst - Start a new instance of Zoom Player even if Zoom Player is already running
/Blank - Start Zoom Player with Video Blanking enabled
2 Charles_cz

Quote:I can't get Zoomplayer to close after I stop the movie. I have to manually close it to get back to MBMC. Here are arguments I can use. What change do I need to do to have Zoomplayer to close after I stop the movie before it ends?

Does ZP have an option - something like "close when video stopped"? Look in your player settings. I'm not familiar with ZP either, but MPC-HC has this, at least for "stop" button on a RC/multimedia keyboard. Though this option is well hidden and not cannot be guessed without help.
The /close argument closes any open window so I would take that out of your command to launch ZoomPlayer.

With MPC-HC, you can remap what keyboard commands do. With the way I have my remote setup, pressing stop sends a "ctrl-alt-S" command to whatever window is focused. So I simply set "ctrl-alt-S = Close" within MPC-HC itself. If you can map keys within ZP, you could do the same. Granted I don't have a stop command in MPC-HC but I don't need it. You could actually map this out anyway you want.

If you can't remap in ZoomPlayer, I'm sure you could setup EventGhost to close the window or send "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe /close" which according to the arguments above should work as well.

Another possibility would be to use the /Q argument. I don't know how this will behave though...you'd have to try it out. I would guess from the explanation in the list, you would have to wait for the movie/show to play to the very end (credits and all) for the window to close. It *may* do it when you hit stop but I doubt it.

So other than it not exiting properly, is the behavior currently what you want? Is it launching on the files you want it to and not on the ones you don't? With the way you have things setup, the file names would have to include "720p" or "1028p" for this to work. Also, I'm thinking you may have wanted to make that second rule "1080p" if that is the case...

EDIT: After googling this a bit, I found the following from the ZP Devs:
Quote:This isn't a bug, but rather a misunderstanding of a feature. Zoom Player currently doesn't have a feature that closes the player when pressing the stop button.

The feature referred to in the forum post refers to closing the playing media in zoom player when pressing the stop button (so that this media can be moved/erased by other programs).

A feature that will close Zoom Player when hitting the stop button will be available in version 8.

So, seeing how v8 is out, there should be a setting in ZP to close when stop is pressed. (If they actually implemented the suggestion >.<)
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
No, i don't think so, but u can use, same than MPC-HD, close the player when the movie ENDS.
Otherwise, if u don't wanna watch all the credits, u will have to click Exit.

Edit: i was typing same time Techlife, but the solution he's talking about could work great!
Edit2: i just saw the edit Sad
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
It looks like I'm trying to use something that is not popular anymore.. Haha.. I don't have any problem to switch to MPC as long as I can get my DTS sound working.. ;-)

Would it make more sense to switch MPC? It looks there is much more support on MPC end.
EDIT: After googling this a bit, I found the following from the ZP Devs:

So, seeing how v8 is out, there should be a setting in ZP to close when stop is pressed. (If they actually implemented the suggestion >.<)[/quote]

Hmm. I have version 8. Zoomplayer Home Max 8...
I guess I will have to dig a little bit deeper.
Found it!!!!!!!!!! TechLife, thanks for the tip and everyone else for helping...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playercorefactory.xml0