Proposed build - can I save $$ anywhere?
Direwo8 Wrote:I certainly wouldn't buy more than a 380W PSU for your PC. Decent PSU's will have the best efficiency in the 20-90% range generally.
I'm surprised no one brought this up b4 in this thread.
That is because I had so much fun discussing PSU and fan with eSkro in several threads. I don't know enough about PSU pricing in Australia either. A very good and effecient PSU at his location might be this- Antec EA-380D Green 380W. Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for all the feedback and thoughts, guys.

At this stage I will probably play it safe and stick with my original setup so I can get my XBMC machine up and running.

In the meantime I have some older machines that I can muck around on and test out Linux and Live, but more important to me at the moment is getting my machine all ready for the Xmas break (I have 3 days off over Xmas, and then 4 more over New Years!).

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Cheers,

francis
Shopbot - Compare prices - Australia

Seasonic S12II 430W Power Supply
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main...5#getprice

Smile
bluray Wrote:A very good and effecient PSU at his location might be this- Antec EA-380D Green 380W. Smile

Ooh, I like that one, though!
sickpuppies Wrote:Ooh, I like that one, though!
It rated very high with all buyers, and you'll like it. You can read more about it here- Antec EA-380D Power Supply EA-380D and Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D. Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposed build - can I save $$ anywhere?0