configure power button for eHome tranciever
Smile 
My mce remote crapped out on me this weekend so I've spent some time setting up my onkyo remote control (RC-803M) to work with XBMC. After some tinkering everything seems to work fine, up to and including powering the system down.

Interestingly enough I cannot get the system to wake up using the power button from the onkyo receiver, presumably this is because the eHome tranciever is configured to only wake up on a regular MCE-remote power event? The system will still wake up if I press the power button from the mce remote, so the whole sleep-wake up cycle is fine.

Is there any way to reprogram the eHome tranciever to accept wakeup events from other buttons on the remote?
What happens if you "Learn" the MCE power button on your Onkyo remote? XBMC is not involved as I'm pretty sure you're using the bios' wake on USB function of the motherboard. You can also check your bios wakeup options to see if they're other parameters such as wake on mouse/keyboard.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Dobyken Wrote:What happens if you "Learn" the MCE power button on your Onkyo remote? XBMC is not involved as I'm pretty sure you're using the bios' wake on USB function of the motherboard. You can also check your bios wakeup options to see if they're other parameters such as wake on mouse/keyboard.

I can't. It's a non learnable remote, it just has codes. Unfortunately it doesn't have a code for MCE compatibility, or at least I've been unable to find it after scouring the web for it.
It's using the woke from usb yes, but the tranceiver doesn't wake on everything apparently..
magnetism,

I was wondering if you could post your LIRC or XBMC file for your remote. I just purchased a HTIB and it came with this remote, I love it!

I'm currently looking into setting up XBMC/LIRC, whichever works, to recognize the remote. My IR receiver flashes so I know its picking up the remote, I just need to configure it somehow.

Thanks!
Hi magnetism, which code are you using on your Onkyo remote to control XBMC? I've tried codes 30522 and 33006 (I'm on XBMCBuntu using the MCE config for LIRC) and neither of them work. 33006 does work for OpenELEC, though.
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
configure power button for eHome tranciever0