• 133(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
Does someone know how to prevent XBMC to inspect a BD ISO?

I have configured that <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|mkv" player="PopcornHour A-400"/> should be played using the A-400. It works, but when playing a Bluray ISO XNMC first examines the ISO and asks what to do: "Play Main Title, Select from all titles and Show Blu-ray Menus" After I select one the external player starts. Is it possible to start it right away with some setting?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2014-01-02, 14:19)voyagerxp Wrote: Here's my log below.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=104664

Nothing stands out, everything looks good.
You could try changing the bat file to "E:\" or "E:\BDMV\" or "E:\BDMV\index.bdmv" just in case it needs to be sent differently (I don't see why though)
You could also try the path that 'brazen1' suggested - note PowerDVDCinema13.exe is in a different folder to the other exe files (2 folders deeper)

(2014-01-03, 18:48)opeters Wrote: Is it possible to start it right away with some setting?

Not that I know of, this is built in to XBMC and can not be changed.
(2014-01-04, 11:21)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 14:19)voyagerxp Wrote: Here's my log below.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=104664

Nothing stands out, everything looks good.
You could try changing the bat file to "E:\" or "E:\BDMV\" or "E:\BDMV\index.bdmv" just in case it needs to be sent differently (I don't see why though)
You could also try the path that 'brazen1' suggested - note PowerDVDCinema13.exe is in a different folder to the other exe files (2 folders deeper)

I didn't know PowerDVDCinema13.exe was hidden a few more folders in, anyway i added PowerDVDCinema13.exe instead of the PDVDLP.exe and i still got the black screen. So i added E:\ instead of E: and it worked a treat, acejh1987 you are a lifesaver.

acejh1987 can you help me with setting up PowerDVD to play my ISO's, i've set everything the way i think it should be but when i start one of my iso's movies in XBMC the PowerDVD starts and the iso is loaded onto Virtual Clone Drive and plays but when i click app exit (Alt-F4) XBMC flashes and then PowerDVD loops into loading an iso again. I have to then press Ctrl+Alt+Del and end task xbmc and PowerDVD.

Here's my Iso bat

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" L:\
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit
(2014-01-04, 12:56)voyagerxp Wrote: when i start one of my iso's movies in XBMC the PowerDVD starts and the iso is loaded onto Virtual Clone Drive and plays but when i click app exit (Alt-F4) XBMC flashes and then PowerDVD loops into loading an iso again. I have to then press Ctrl+Alt+Del and end task xbmc and PowerDVD.

Your batch file looks good, make sure that the 'Repeat' option is set to off in XBMC, one way to check this is -
Navigate to a movie your library, press 'C' to bring up the context menu - choose 'Queue Item', now bring up the context menu again (press C) and you should see 'Now Playing...", choose this option.
You should now see the Now Playing section - press the left arrow to bring up the options, here you will see shuffle and repeat make sure they are both turned off.
Just looked acejh1987 and both shuffle and repeat are set to off, any other ideas my friend. Like i said when i click on the movie in my library the iso is loaded to virtual clone drive and PowerDVD starts the iso movie but soon a i click app exit xbmc flashes on and off the screen and Power DVD restarts & loads and plays the next iso in my library. I click app exit and and it does the same again.
Unfortunately I can't think of anything else that would cause it, everything looks good to me Sad
The only other option within XBMC is the 'Play next video automatically' (System>Video>Playback), but I have never known that to actually do anything.
Perhaps there is someone else who has had this issue and fill us in.
Play next video automatically is off ACE so i'm a bit stuck, I even set MPC-HC to play the iso's and when i exit it still loops. Strange, just can't figure it out, anyone else on here know what is causing this.

Also if i click on the playiso.bat file is that supposed to start powerdvd like the playdisc.bat as my playiso.bat does nothing when clicked.
(2014-01-05, 13:42)voyagerxp Wrote: Play next video automatically is off ACE so i'm a bit stuck, I even set MPC-HC to play the iso's and when i exit it still loops. Strange, just can't figure it out, anyone else on here know what is causing this.

Also if i click on the playiso.bat file is that supposed to start powerdvd like the playdisc.bat as my playiso.bat does nothing when clicked.

To test the playiso.bat outside of XBMC you will need to change the path on the first line so it is vaild outside of XBMC.
Example - Change
Set file=%1
to
Set file="E:\Movies\Movie.iso"

Note this will only work for testing ISO files, Blu-ray folder rips will need other lines changing.

It is strange, could be an XBMC bug, I'm assuming XBMC doesn't loop if you use the internal player instead? Might be worth starting a new thread with a logfile and maybe someone will notice what might be wrong.

You could also try using a simpler playiso.bat, just to see if it still loops (this will only work for ISO files)

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" L:\
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
Just tried that simpler code and it still loops, just can't figure out why this is happening. I even installed TotalMedia Theatre 6 and set all the paths in playercorefactory and playiso.bat and TotalMedia Theatre 6 loops just the same as PowerDVD. I'll open a thread in the windows section with a log to see if anyone can solve my problem.
(2014-01-05, 20:31)voyagerxp Wrote: Just tried that simpler code and it still loops, just can't figure out why this is happening. I even installed TotalMedia Theatre 6 and set all the paths in playercorefactory and playiso.bat and TotalMedia Theatre 6 loops just the same as PowerDVD. I'll open a thread in the windows section with a log to see if anyone can solve my problem.

I have exactly the same problem. What version of windows are you using? i have 8.1

Also i cannot get a physical disk to play. The Play DVD function doesn;t do anything. how do you guys get the playdisc.bat to work?
(2014-01-08, 15:04)greetoz Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 20:31)voyagerxp Wrote: Just tried that simpler code and it still loops, just can't figure out why this is happening. I even installed TotalMedia Theatre 6 and set all the paths in playercorefactory and playiso.bat and TotalMedia Theatre 6 loops just the same as PowerDVD. I'll open a thread in the windows section with a log to see if anyone can solve my problem.

I have exactly the same problem. What version of windows are you using? i have 8.1

Also i cannot get a physical disk to play. The Play DVD function doesn;t do anything. how do you guys get the playdisc.bat to work?

I too am on windows 8.1 on my laptop with the looping problem but my main htpc in my living room has windows 7, not sure if its that or not. my

My playdisc.bat is set like this below.

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" E:\

E:\ being my Blu-ray drive.

And here is part of my playercorefactory

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\steven\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
Anyone on here have a 3d tv that can answer a question?.

I've only had my 3d tv a few weeks so i'm newbie in 3d. I have PowerDVD 13 to play my 3d movies ripped to MKV , at the moment i have to click menu on the tv remote and select 3d SBS or OU because auto 3d don't seem to work. Is it not possible to get a 3d tv to auto detect 3d.mkv's in power dvd.
Is your gpu 3d capable? Some players like windvd can automatically convert SBS ou movies to frame sequential.
POWERDVD13 not working for me.

This is what my log says:

19:56:04 T:4184 ERROR: ExternalPlayer Error: filename element missing from: <player name="PowerDVD13" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true" />
19:56:04 T:4184 ERROR: Error creating player for item G:\My Videos\Movies\2.Guns.2013.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-PxHD.Mobies.mp4 (File doesn't exist?)
19:56:04 T:4184 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [G:\My Videos\Movies\2.Guns.2013.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-PxHD.Mobies.mp4]
19:56:04 T:984 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

This is what I got in playercorefactory script:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD13" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true" />
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

PLEASE HELP. Been at this all freaking day.
(2014-01-12, 06:19)solidazarok Wrote: POWERDVD13 not working for me.

<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema.exe</filename>

PLEASE HELP. Been at this all freaking day.

Make sure that the path to PowerDVD is correct, it should look like this -
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe</filename>
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13