I was surprised this morning
Sorry but, I don't know how to name the title of this post, but I was surprised this morning after playing some movies in xbmc.

I didn't have possibilities to use xbmc for a 2-3 weeks, may more, because I migrate my Archlinux box from i686 to x86_64, and have to do a lot of configurations.

Here is what my surprise was: all movies start playing with just one mouse click on the containing folder, including Blurays movies. That's amazing!

Last time I played some Blyray movie I have to go into the folder tree and find the biggest file to choose to play. Now, I simply have to click on the folder containing "BDMV" and the movie starts playing!

Is there any changes with addons or something or just my 64 bit xbmc package is kind of different with compare to 32 bit one?

PS: I use Dharma 10.1, and my xbmc package was built on 11 Dec 2011.
nothing to do with 32bit vs 64bit. all to do with the presence of libbluray..
Were you using "folder view" before, and are now using Library mode?
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
selectany Wrote:Here is what my surprise was: all movies start playing with just one mouse click on the containing folder, including Blurays movies. That's amazing!

Last time I played some Blyray movie I have to go into the folder tree and find the biggest file to choose to play. Now, I simply have to click on the folder containing "BDMV" and the movie starts playing!
It's not a surprise, because I have been playback BD directly on BD-ROM with Dharma 10.1 using this method in post #271..
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
DJVege Wrote:Were you using "folder view" before, and are now using Library mode?

Before migration process (from 32 to 64 bit) I backed-up my .xbmc folder and after completing 64 bit installation I copied this folder into /home/<user>, again.
That's all I did concerning xbmc.
Actually, there really have had update of libbluray package in my distribution on 2011-12-11.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I was surprised this morning0