Which Remote App in iOS has Keyboard?
I control my XBMC on Apple TV 2 with iPod touch. I used the regular Remote app of Apple and constellation. However, none of them allow Keyboard entries. I need to use Keyboard to enter the ip address / searches - which of the remote app can I use. And Free of course!
I like SoulMote. I think you get keyboard access in the free version. Go to the remote screen, and it's the 4th button on the left.
Constellation has a keyboard, pull down the main screen twice and the keyboard is on the bottom right button.
Commander
XBMC commander has a keyboard. Its a pretty nice XBMC controller. Few $, not free
bholio Wrote:XBMC commander has a keyboard. Its a pretty nice XBMC controller. Few $, not free

+1
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
Constellation has a keyboard.
Xbmc remote.
dieselboy27 Wrote:Xbmc remote.

Another one that costs money. Any reason why there are not more users using Constellation? Free and has a keyboard.
Guys I've tried a few iPhone and iPad xbmc remote apps and have the same issue with the keyboard. If ever I press the letter e on the keyboard it seems to exit the keyboard entry screen on xbmc. To get around this I have to move the highlighted letter on screen from done to the letter e. it's rather odd.

Is anyone else seening this.

Running atv2. V11b2. 20120120-f76c547
Using XBMC Commander and its keyboard feature works for me...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Using XBMC Commander and its keyboard feature works for me...

thanks. i tried xbmc commander and i get the same issue. the moment i hit the e key on the iphone keyboard it seems to cause xbmc to exit the keyboard entry screen !

I tried every key, and they all work fine other than the letter e !

Very odd indeed.
I realize this is an older thread but I just wanted to chime in that I noticed the same thing, the "E" key wasn't working. I think I fixed it by going into XBMC's System -> Settings -> System -> Input Devices and turning OFF "Remote Control sends keyboard presses." (And Apple remote is set to "standard.")

FWIW I have just experimented with a handful of iOS apps on my iPad, and the only two so far I have been able to use for keyboard entry are Constellation and Soulmote. I couldn't get the virtual keyboard to work on XBMC Commander, or the Official XBMC Remote. Odd.
Circa 2015, do we have a comparative review of the apps and keyboards available via iOS?
(2015-06-12, 09:26)crashnburn Wrote: Circa 2015, do we have a comparative review of the apps and keyboards available via iOS?

I found the new official IOS remote is pretty decent. It includes some features I missed from the old Android remote options. But... it has trouble with powering down the system (Perhaps I didn't set the button properly?).
It will freeze. In about 30 seconds, I'll use the Remote option to navigate to the shutdown button and select System. It takes another 10 seconds or so before it starts to activate.

One of the killer features of YATSE for Android was shutting down the PC from my phone in two buttons.
But hey, I can switch Kodi from my headphones to my speakers with one button (and vice versa), or shift it from PC monitor to TV in two buttons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Remote App in iOS has Keyboard?0