Fox News Add-on not working properly
Disconnected from paid television back in Dec and this add on has been one of my favorites. It stopped working about a week ago or so. Is there a chance in can be tweaked? TIA
bump. I am having issues as well.
Fox News isn't working here either. I tried a few things, including upgrading to 12.3, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I tend to use this add-on extensively.
Fox News and Hulu were my go to plugins. Are they both impossible to fix? I hope not, because without them XBMC is a lot less useful for me (but still, admittedly the best media center software available).If anyone is working on this plugin, let me say thank you for your hard work.
You can try using my patched version here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/plu...-4.0.1.zip

I don't support live news, but all the videos seem to work.
@learningit - Awesome job. Plugin seems to be working just fine for me! Glad someone figured out the code.

The only improvement I could suggest would be adding the sub categories for the Show Clips. For example, the RedEye w/ Greg Gutfeld show has playlists based on the show, one of them being the Full Episodes (really want to be able to watch theses with the plugin). The O'Reilly Factor breaks down his segments into sub categories like 'Is It Legal?' and 'Miller Time'.

I'm unsure on how the code works now and if this would be a trivial addition or a complete re-write (I suspect re-write). Perhaps I should add an improvement request to the github repo.

Anyway, thanks VERY much for your work on this!
Agreed! Thanks again @learningit !!
(2014-04-25, 21:14)rustymyers Wrote: The only improvement I could suggest would be adding the sub categories for the Show Clips. For example, the RedEye w/ Greg Gutfeld show has playlists based on the show, one of them being the Full Episodes (really want to be able to watch theses with the plugin). The O'Reilly Factor breaks down his segments into sub categories like 'Is It Legal?' and 'Miller Time'.

I'm unsure on how the code works now and if this would be a trivial addition or a complete re-write (I suspect re-write). Perhaps I should add an improvement request to the github repo.

These changes shouldn't be a problem, just need to find some time to look at it. I'll let you know when I get to them.

For some reason, the live feed now works for me - it didn't before because my cable is TWC. Are any of you able to now see the live feed with a web browser ( http://video.foxnews.com/v/1417854253001...watch-live ) without providing any cable credentials? If that is the case, I can probably add in the live feed. The original addon had a lot of code to handle signing in and authenticating with a cable id which I couldn't deal with because TWC wasn't a supported cable provider (as they aren't for most websites).
Yes, I can see the live feed from that link without credentials, and I am on TWC as well.

I would like to add my thanks to you for fixing this Add-In, if I could figure out how to donate to your cause, I would.

Again, Thank You!

- Hamilton

Edit: Oh, and I would like to second the improvement suggestions rustymyers made.
(2014-04-25, 21:14)rustymyers Wrote: The only improvement I could suggest would be adding the sub categories for the Show Clips. For example, the RedEye w/ Greg Gutfeld show has playlists based on the show, one of them being the Full Episodes (really want to be able to watch theses with the plugin). The O'Reilly Factor breaks down his segments into sub categories like 'Is It Legal?' and 'Miller Time'.

Here you go:
If you load the master version from the repo, rather than V3.1.6 in the above url, you may need to uninstall the old foxnews addon you have and goto addons/packages/ , find the old foxnews zip and delete it before you install the new master version. At any rate, if you've installed it correctly, the version will display 3.1.6.

Version 3.1.6 shows the sub-categories, if they exist, for a show. After looking into the 'live' news, it turns out that what I get is a auto-play of the latest Editor's picks articles. The same functionality can be had by going to the video list for Editor's picks and bringing up the context menu ('c' on a keyboard) and selecting the 'play from here' function on the first item displayed..

EDIT: Update the latest version is available in the xbmc.org repo http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/plu...-4.0.1.zip
Works awesome!

I especially like the "Play from here" function, so much easier than starting each clip manually...

Thank you again!

- Hamilton
(2014-04-27, 19:36)HMcWhorter Wrote: Works awesome!

I especially like the "Play from here" function, so much easier than starting each clip manually...

Thank you again!

- Hamilton
Glad it works for you. If you're interested you can try some of the news addons which I have written (foxnews was written by divingmule, I only updated it) : http://addons.xbmc.org/author/t1m/
@learningit - Thanks again. Plugin is working very well!
The wife and I were REALLY missing this news channel - THANK YOU SO MUCH for fixing it! http://forum.xbmc.org/images/smilies/grin.png
I will install it immediately! Thank you very, very, very much indeed!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fox News Add-on not working properly1