Windows not showing FULL screen, not related to "windowed" mode.
Star 
I have a new Zotac Zbox ID41 plus. Running Win7 and XBMC 10.1.
Pioneer Elite 720p connected via HDMI to VGA connector.
I do not want to stretch the image.
When viewing a movie I know should "fill" the screen it still has black bars at top and bottom.
I have adjusted with calibration in XBMC.
Anyone know what I am missing to make this correct?
mralarm000 Wrote:I have a new Zotac Zbox ID41 plus. Running Win7 and XBMC 10.1.
Pioneer Elite 720p connected via HDMI to VGA connector.
I do not want to stretch the image.
When viewing a movie I know should "fill" the screen it still has black bars at top and bottom.
I have adjusted with calibration in XBMC.
Anyone know what I am missing to make this correct?

you have to stretch the image, it sounds like the movie you know should fill the screen is 1.85 to 1 and not really 16:9 which would give the black bars top and bottom.
No its a true 16:9
It never fills the screen on ANY movie.
robl45 Wrote:you have to stretch the image, it sounds like the movie you know should fill the screen is 1.85 to 1 and not really 16:9 which would give the black bars top and bottom.
well does it fill the screen if you select stretch 16x9? that will tell you if its a resolution problem and you just aren't filling the full screen or if its the movie.
Yes but then the image is REALLY distorted. For instance if PIXAR is across the beginning of the movie it will be cut off on the sides and you can only see 3/4 of the image.

robl45 Wrote:well does it fill the screen if you select stretch 16x9? that will tell you if its a resolution problem and you just aren't filling the full screen or if its the movie.
mralarm000 Wrote:Yes but then the image is REALLY distorted. For instance if PIXAR is across the beginning of the movie it will be cut off on the sides and you can only see 3/4 of the image.

did you select zoom or stretch? it shouldn't be cutting anything off on the sides if you pick stretch.

can you hook it up straight to hdmi without the vga?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows not showing FULL screen, not related to "windowed" mode.0