2 ATV2's... 1 perfect.. 1 not
Morning all,

I've got 2 ATV2's on the latest iOS with the latest Eden build from nito tv.

One, wired through a gigabit switch works perfectly.. no stutter, no buffering.

The other, wired through 85mbps home plugs.. stutters on all definition videos.

The stutter is mostly noticeable when panning across a scene or fast moving action, but is visible at all times.. Some times it will go 30 seconds to a minute without doing it.. other times it will do it every few seconds.

I know you like to have logs to look at what's happening, but before i go down that route, do you think this could be because of the homeplugs? I will try a cable straight from the switch to test, but it's a pain so thought i would ask here first.

If it was network speed, i'd of expected it to be buffering.. but it's not..

Any opinions?
try a ethernet cable ... guessing problems is at least as painfull for us as putting that cable to your 2nd atv2 for you Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Did you try switching the appleTV's around? That will tell you if it's a network problem.

My experience with those powerline plugs is that in general they are only capable of reaching around 10% of there advertised speed. (Though that was of course in my home, between two specific outlets.)

Remco
I've got 2 ATV2 which were buffering every second minute

I've been using SMB until today, tried to change to FTP, no improvement.
Next I turned off CIFS-Databaseoptimization on my Synology nas and setup a NFS share http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS
added a source in XBMC and now the buffering is gone Smile
ack, apparently it didn't do the trick as I thought, just tried to play an iso file, and this one buffers every 2 minutes Sad
My atv2's are hardwired, I have a strong and stable linux server handling smb. Just spent yesterday qualifying mpeg2/dvd/ios playback. Not one issues. Mind you this is mainline trunk of which b2 will be born.
davilla Wrote:Mind you this is mainline trunk of which b2 will be born.

rub it in. showoff Big Grin
davilla Wrote:.... of which b2 will be born.

I didn't know they were born Laugh
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
davilla Wrote:Mind you this is mainline trunk of which b2 will be born.
Any chance of a sneaky glimpse at the Ultra Sound? Big Grin
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
I've always found powerline stuff to be less than perfect it really depends on the quaility of wiring in your house and mine is 100 years old in parts. Wireless is good enough for 720p even through 3 1ft walls if you get it optimised

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109722
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

Before @darkscout chimes in and tells you your a/c is running out of phase....I've found that, with powerline networking equipment, it performs better if both circuits (sending circuit and receiving circuit) are on the same phase, ie the same "side" of your circuit breaker box. I like the net gear av500 devices and have successfully installed them in a couple client homes and achieved HD playback. I'm also able to stream 1080p videos to a Mac mini and a Boxee box over wireless-N (5Ghz) without issue, although not the same on my ATV2 (c'mon Beta2!)
icky, shades of X10 games.
Thanks for all the comments guys. I've ditched the powerline adapters and am trying on wireless now.. For some reason this isn't something i've bothered trying before.. I've no idea why.

I'll get back to you with the results.
I thought it was better on wireless.. it seems not.

I'm going to try hard wiring it this evening. If that's the solution then that's cool, i'll have to find a way to run the cable.

cheers
So hard wire didn't change anything.. but... It seems that it was the TV. I've enabled true motion on my LG LCD tv and it seems to have improved alot.. i guess when i unplugged the tv and moved it to the other room, it lost the settings i set 4 years ago Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 ATV2's... 1 perfect.. 1 not0