• 6(current)
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?
{{INX}} Wrote:bluray can you help me with a similar problem?
TMT5 works fine as a standalone player but it just won't launch from inside Xbmc, I previously had it setup with steroscopic player which was fine but I have downloaded the files from your post #44, checked all paths are correct and still nothing.
The only thing I have changed is for it to recognise .*3dbd.mkv because that is how all my 3d files are labelled but I did try renaming one film the same way as you showed, _3d.mkv and still Xbmc just says the external player has launched but nothing happens.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
You can try these codes:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="3D_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Note- blu-ray SBS 3d rules-->
<rule filename=".*_3d.mkv*" protocols="*_3d.mkv*" player="3D_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

The playercorefactory.xml codes above should work, but you have to name your 3d movie in this format "Avatar_3d.mkv".

If you want more info on external player, you can visit this thread- Working External Player Solution.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thank you, I will try that it the morning.
Will Title (YEAR)_3d.mkv naming be ok?
Also do you know if the movies will still show up with 3D cases in Aeon MQ3 when I have changed the naming from .3dbd to Title_3d?
Damn thing still says the external player has started but nothing happens.
When I get home from work later I will try a fresh build of XMBC and see if that works.
{{INX}} Wrote:Damn thing still says the external player has started but nothing happens.
When I get home from work later I will try a fresh build of XBMC and see if that works.
You can try these codes-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="3D_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

-You need to make sure that playercorefactory.xml is save in <\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata> folder.

If that still doesn't work, you can try these steps.

-Rename XBMC folder <\AppData\Roaming> to XBMC_original
-Launch XBMC to generate a new XBMC folder in <\AppData\Roaming> folder, and close it XBMC afterward
-Move playercorefactory.xml from XBMC_original to the new <\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata> folder
-Launch XBMC and try to playback the same movie again
Right just tried all of that and it is still saying the external player has started but nothing happens. Very weird.
{{INX}} Wrote:Right just tried all of that and it is still saying the external player has started but nothing happens. Very weird.
You might want to turn on the log and see what the log say...!
Was just grabbing the log and saw you message.
I hope this is enough info, I couldn't find anything else in the log relevant to the external player.

19:12:09 T:2836 ERROR: PCRE: nothing to repeat. Compilation failed at offset 0 in expression '*_3d.mkv*'
19:12:09 T:2836 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe
19:12:09 T:2836 WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
19:12:09 T:2836 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
19:12:09 T:2836 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: smb://HOME-SERVER/Films3/3D/Harold Kumar 3D (2011)/A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas_3d.mkv
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : \\HOME-SERVER\Films3\3D\Harold Kumar 3D (2011)\A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas_3d.mkv
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Content:
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : "{1}"
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Releasing audio device 2
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Lowering XBMC window
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" "\\HOME-SERVER\Films3\3D\Harold Kumar 3D (2011)\A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas_3d.mkv"
19:12:10 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
19:40:53 T:1392 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
{{INX}} Wrote:Was just grabbing the log and saw you message.
I hope this is enough info, I couldn't find anything else in the log relevant to the external player.

19:12:09 T:2836 ERROR: PCRE: nothing to repeat. Compilation failed at offset 0 in expression '*_3d.mkv*'
19:12:09 T:2836 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe
19:12:09 T:2836 WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
19:12:09 T:2836 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
19:12:09 T:2836 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: smb://HOME-SERVER/Films3/3D/Harold Kumar 3D (2011)/A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas_3d.mkv
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : \\HOME-SERVER\Films3\3D\Harold Kumar 3D (2011)\A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas_3d.mkv
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Content:
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : "{1}"
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Releasing audio device 2
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Lowering XBMC window
19:12:09 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" "\\HOME-SERVER\Films3\3D\Harold Kumar 3D (2011)\A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas_3d.mkv"
19:12:10 T:2492 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
19:40:53 T:1392 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
Can you rename your movie this way <A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas_3d.mkv> and save it to local hard drive. For trouble shooting, just bypass server for now. Can you make sure that playercorefactory.xml codes below is in it:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="3D_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Still the same problem, I can't put the file locally due to no space as its a small SSD.
It's weird because when I used stereoscopic as the external player it launched fine, but unfortunately I didn't like the program as you cannot control it full screen and Total Media Theatre seems to give more quality to the image.

New log:
21:09:31 T:2792 ERROR: PCRE: nothing to repeat. Compilation failed at offset 0 in expression '*_3d.mkv*'
21:09:31 T:2792 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe
21:09:31 T:2792 WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
21:09:31 T:2792 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
21:09:31 T:2792 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: smb://HOME-SERVER/Films3/3D/A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas 3D (2011)/A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas_3d.mkv
21:09:31 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe
21:09:31 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : \\HOME-SERVER\Films3\3D\A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas 3D (2011)\A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas_3d.mkv
21:09:31 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Content:
21:09:31 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : "{1}"
21:09:31 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
21:09:31 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Releasing audio device 1
21:09:31 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Lowering XBMC window
21:09:31 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" "\\HOME-SERVER\Films3\3D\A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas 3D (2011)\A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas_3d.mkv"
21:09:32 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
21:10:23 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Stop
21:10:23 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Showing XBMC window TOPMOST
21:10:23 T:432 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Reclaiming audio device 1
21:10:32 T:2792 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
OK I have an update!

I have a copy of Xbmc on my server for testing new stuff, so I copied the playercorefactory.xml from my main media centre to the server, installed the same copy of Total Media Theatre, then tried to play the 3d film and it worked fine (except the server not being a 3d machine, you could see the player was working).

Now the only real difference between the two setups is that the server runs Beta 3 standard and the main media centre runs the modded HD audio install of Beta 3. oh and that the server has the film stored locally but still reads them through the same network path as the main media centre.
{{INX}} Wrote:OK I have an update!

I have a copy of Xbmc on my server for testing new stuff, so I copied the playercorefactory.xml from my main media centre to the server, installed the same copy of Total Media Theatre, then tried to play the 3d film and it worked fine (except the server not being a 3d machine, you could see the player was working).

Now the only real difference between the two setups is that the server runs Beta 3 standard and the main media centre runs the modded HD audio install of Beta 3. oh and that the server has the film stored locally but still reads them through the same network path as the main media centre.
It seems that the playercorefactory codes are okay then. If you have a USB drive, you can save the same movie in it and try it on the other (3d) HTPC!
yeah or what I will do instead is rename a 2d animation movie to the _3d.mkv format and try that because I have 6 gb spare which should be plenty.

Back soon with some results Smile

Edit:
Ok same problem, going to bed now as I can sense a re-build of windows and xbmc tomorrow Sad
Update time:

Ok I wiped the PC, fresh install of Windows 7, all drivers up to date, installed Xbmc HD audio version, Total Media Theatre and I am still getting the same problem.

Do you think it could be the HD audio version of Xbmc that be doing this?
{{INX}} Wrote:Update time:

Ok I wiped the PC, fresh install of Windows 7, all drivers up to date, installed Xbmc HD audio version, Total Media Theatre and I am still getting the same problem.

Do you think it could be the HD audio version of Xbmc that be doing this?
If you haven't install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)", you might want to install it.

Oh, did you playback the movie from USB drive or server? If you haven't try playback movie from the local drive or USB driver, I'm suggesting to give it a try!
Bluray,
visual c++ was already installed and i tried a local copy yesterday with no luck.

Now I have just removed all of Xbmc HD Audio install and installed Beta 3 Standard, copied my settings over and launched a 3d movie without any problems using TM5.

So I now know that its something in the HD audio version but what I do not know Sad
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?1