Eden Beta 1 - No Media Information Screen for Movies
Hi,

I can't access the "Media Information Screen" from the Movie List.
The button "i" does nothing
The context menu is missing the "show info" option
I even tried to change the default action on "enter" to "choose". Then i get a short menu that contains "show info" but it starts playing the movie, instead of showing the media information screen.

With TV Series it is working as in Dharma.

Is this a bug, or is it meant to work this way ?

I cannot find a way to refresh the meta data of a single movie in Eden beta 1.
Is this the same problem as http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120020

I've tested on my system here and the i key works as expected. I wonder if there is some database problem.

JR
It looks as it is the same problem in the thread you mention.

I doubt it is a database problem. I'l give some extra info so you might think of a possible cause. I have installed Eden Beta 1 on a new laptop (with windows 7 64 bit), and let the scraper do it's thing. I used the moviemeter scraper, but have local metadata for most of my movies. As a result I have a new local database built with Eden Beta 1. I'm not using my existing database (yet) on the new install.

When i'm looking at the list of my movies in "media info" lay-out, it does show the mediainfo. So that's ok. The only problems is that there is no way to go to the Media Info Screen (where you can refresh the metadata).
* The i button is not working
* The context menu does not contain "show info".
* When setting the default action to "choose", i do get a short menu that contains "show info", but when i choose "show info" xbmc starts playing the movie instead of going to the Media Info Screen.
Is there anybody who can explain how the list of items of a context menu are defined ? Is it defined in the source, or is it some .xml file somewhere that contains all possible choices on every screen , or yet another method ?

a reference to the source on github where i can see how the context menu for the movie list screen is build would be welcome.
I posted in the other thread, but I'll post here too because the title is more appropriate.

I'm getting the same.

I've just done a fresh install on an ATV2 and I can't get the information screen to come up on my movie library when I hold down the play button as normal...

However, it quite happily appears when I'm viewing TV Shows.

I changed the default select action from Play to Show Information with the same result. TV Shows show the info whilst Movies play.
Erwin Wrote:a reference to the source on github where i can see how the context menu for the movie list screen is build would be welcome.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...v.cpp#L969

JR
Thanks for the github link.

My problem is solved. Big Grin

I don't know how it happened exactly, but the scraper i assigned to my movie-source got lost.

After setting the content of my movie directory to movies again, and selecting the moviedb scraper, the information media screen now is accessible again (with "i" key and through context menu).

It was the folowing line in the source code that made me think the scraper would be the culprit:

GetScraperForItem(item.get(), info, settings);

Maybe a warning: "Content is not set. Set content type and select scraper." or something like this could help others to solve this problem easier.

@JimmerUK: can you confirm that your problem is solved too (after setting the content of your movie source) ?
That's it! Well done Erwin.

The 'content' attribute had dropped off the source, so it didn't know what was meant to be in the folders.

Changed it to movies and reinstalled the IMDB scraper, and all is working fine.

Thanks Erwin.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but just experienced this on Frodo.

I had re-installed the operating system on my Mac, and restored key files (most notably sources.xml) from my time machine. After this, I couldn't access movie information, though both TV and music were fine. After coming across this thread, I set the content type for my movies folder and everything was once again grand.

It did leave me wondering a couple of points, though.

A) Why was the content type not reset for my movies, whilst it was for my TV and Music? The only thing I can think of was the I use the universal scraper - which wasnt installed when I restored settings files- for a single folder whilst the rest of my movies, my Tv and my music are the default XBMC scraper. Is this a bug?
(- Thinking about this more, the universal scraper doesn't seem a likely candidate - I have two sources for movies set. One takes two SMB sources, using the default scraper. The second uses a single source (for files not on thetvdb.com) using the universal scanner and nfo files. Content type wasn't reset for either source, nor could information be displayed for either source.)

B) This seems like an odd manifestation of the problem. I would expect nothing to happen when I select "Show Information" from the context menu (like as happens when content type is not present and I press and hold select which would normally show information; an error message to show; a message in the log to show (which I couldn't spot from a quick scan). Not for the movie to start playing. Is this a bug?

Thanks, though, to those from this thread - saved me many hours of hair-pulling.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Beta 1 - No Media Information Screen for Movies0