New HTPC Build - AMD A6-3500 for XBMC on Windows 7
PV_XBMC Wrote:Hallo, I would like to build almost same configuration especially [CASE] SilverStone SST-GD04B Grandia and [PSU] Seasonic X-400, 400 Watt, Fanless. What is advantage GD04B vs GD06 regarding Seasonic X-400? I think, that GD04B also is not good for Seasonic X-400, because this case has not holes over PSU...

Thanks for reply.
Well, Silverstone GD04B is designed to work with their fanless SST-ST40NF PSU and module SST-ST1000-P PSU. If X-400 have very similar size/configuration as these PSU's, it should be fine! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
@thool: Nice. Thanks for sharing.

My GD04 arrived last week and I use it atm to hold my old ion atom system. I really like the case. Will build it up with new components in the next months.

Do you run the Noctuas at full speed? How noisy are they? (Atm I run only 1 of the stock case fans with a zalman fan mate at lowest speed. Otherwise it is way too loud for me).
thanks for the pics thool! looks sweet!
PV_XBMC Wrote:... What is advantage GD04B vs GD06 regarding Seasonic X-400? I think, that GD04B also is not good for Seasonic X-400, because this case has not holes over PSU...

The main advantage of the GD04 over the GD06 is that it supports a larger PSU:
* GD04: 180 mm
* GD06: 150 mm

As the Seasonic X-400 is 160 mm deep, you really do not have a choice, or you have to remove the hot-swappable hard disk bays as seen in the video hereunder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GicLUqKYK-0

malte Wrote:... Do you run the Noctuas at full speed? How noisy are they? ...
The Noctuas actually run at the lowest possible speed (600 rpm) with the Ultra-Low-Noise Adaptor (U.L.N.A.). The whole setup is in a closed cupboard and the maximum temperature after a couple of hours of playing 1080p mkv's in XBMC is 38°C for the motherboard and 35°C for the CPU.

They are pretty quiet (as good as silent) in the closed cabinet, although I would probably only use 2 in an open space as the air flow and the temperatures are very good!
@bluray, @thool: Thank you very much for your info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC Build - AMD A6-3500 for XBMC on Windows 70