• 17(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
This may help you: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1177126
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I "mellowed" the background a bit (easier for old eyes to read...)
Thank You for this great add-on!

(2012-09-06, 21:38)twinther Wrote: Can you provide more info if you are experiencing the DB corruption when using Xml tv?
Are you fx loading the xmltv file via samba?

I think that samba comment hit the nail on the head. I was using different combinations of local and samba-hosted xml and strm files with my set-up. Having both on the local machine seems to have cleared up my DB corruption issue, fingers crossed.
Is there any way that we can start the streams by clicking the channelname or maybe the logo in the addon instead of clicking on the "now airing show" to start the stream? Because I have a couple of channels that dont provide EPG and cant seem to start those stream, it just kind of jumps over them.
Hi,

Been stuck on something small, I want to know how to change to one of the other skins that come with it.

The only way i have found is to change the folder name in the addon folder to <Default> however i have recently switched from XBMCbuntu to OpenElec and this is proving to be very difficult via terminal.

thanks!
My HTPC - | Ubuntu 12.04 | XBMC 12.0 Frodo | SilverStone LC20B | Asus F1A75-M PRO FM1 | AMD A8-3870 3.0GHZ | Nvidia Ge Force GT 430 | Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB | Antec 520W ATX NEO 520C ECO PSU | 64GB Corsair SSD | 5 x 2TB Green HDD | HD Homerun | Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit USB | Astraweb Usenet | SABnzbd+ | CouchPotato | SickBeard
(2012-09-19, 08:41)mccarneychris Wrote: Hi,

Been stuck on something small, I want to know how to change to one of the other skins that come with it.

The only way i have found is to change the folder name in the addon folder to <Default> however i have recently switched from XBMCbuntu to OpenElec and this is proving to be very difficult via terminal.

thanks!

Skin changes with the XBMC skin your using... Right now TV Guide includes two skins: Rapier, and Aeon Nox... I have a few more coming... but i'm working on enhancing skins with fanarts when i'm finished I will add the new skins
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi all,
Can someone please explain to me how we can add stream via favourites? What is PlayMedia favourites? where are those located?

I also added a simple http:// stream in a .strm file, and assigned it to a channel in tvguide, but I keep getting error, "Cannot find next item to play". What is wrong here? The stream works fine in VLC or LiveStreams plugin.

Thanks
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
This seems very good. Is that easy to set up?
Yeah it does, but there is little help to get Smile

Getting the xml file working is no big deal, but adding streams to each channel is a lot of work. there must be a easier way to do it?

Is there a file where the xml epg and the stream are connected? so that we can generate them? I have a lot of channels and adding then one by one is a lot of work Smile
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2012-09-06, 21:38)twinther Wrote: Can you provide more info if you are experiencing the DB corruption when using Xml tv?
Are you fx loading the xmltv file via samba?
Yes, exactly in the scenario you described: xmltv loaded via samba (haven't tried loading it from local machine).
I use OpenElec and the chance for the DB corruption greatly increase if I try to open TVGuide right after XBMC starts (i.e. it seem to happen far less frequent if I wait, say, a minute).

By the way, there seems to be an issue with loading large files: I experienced exceptions that happened in source.py, related to the commit that happens every 10k entries. It works fine once I commented out that part.

(2012-09-06, 21:38)twinther Wrote: To do this you must keep the windowed = true, but this will give you bad framerates in some cases.
Not much to do about, perhaps all this will not matter once XBMC PVR support is merged :-)
What is about the XMBC PVR merge that can possible sort this out? As far as I know, it's already merged (in OpenElec) and nothing really has changed that can affect TV Guide, has it?

Thanks,
A.

(2012-09-15, 15:08)thewarm Wrote: I "mellowed" the background a bit (easier for old eyes to read...)
Thank You for this great add-on!

Got a pleasant surprise when I hit the "Context" button on my remote...

Live TV in a small picture at the bottom, and still able to browse the guide info.
BTW, I'm using the Metropolis GIT skin.

thewarm; Could you explain (post the files) on how to make it look like your screenshots?

It looks great, I like it Smile

EDIT: Ok, found out where to change the background jpg for the script, in the tv guide script folder in my Userdata Smile
But if you don't mind, you could post the jpg you are using maybe? Thanks

Thanks
Martin
I finally got around to make a new development version - v 1.3.91 - it's a bit rough on the edges, but you can always rollback to a previous version in XBMC, if it's too annoying.

The changelog is:
Version 1.3.91 - 2012-10-05
- Added setting to enabled or disable the OSD menu
If you experience stuttering video try disabling the OSD menu
- Dropped support for XMLTV on XBMC Virtual File System (VFS), such as Samba
in XBMC Eden (still supported for Frodo)
- Added initial auto detection of streams from favourites and supported addons
See addons.ini for added additional supported addons
- Dropped TVTID.dk as source
- Fixed false-positive database corruption errors

There a some pretty major changes to the way things work
- XMLTV via samba is no longer supported on Eden (too error prone)
- a fix to the very annoying corrupt database which should have just been a warning about the database being locked

And it have added auto detection of streams. If follows this logic - I'm very keen to hear how this works for everyone Smile
* if the exact channel name is found in the favourites, the stream is stored for future use and the stream starts playing
* all supported addons are scanned for the exact channel name
* if one stream is found it is stored for future use and the stream starts playing
* if more than one stream the user is presented with a list and can select the stream to use
* if no match, the the popup menu is shown as usual

The supported addons are rather limited - they are listed here: http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/script.tvgu...addons.ini
If you guys can help me build a list it would be much appreciated.
I'm hoping I can improve this list to be dynamically created in the future, but we'll see how it goes Smile

The addon is available through my beta repository at http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/ - you can install the repository zip to automatically get updates.

As always please let me know what you think Big Grin
This sounds great Tommy, adding Sportsdevil, Filmon and possibly Livestreams would be the icing on the cake for me.
Hej Tommy

Thanks for a great addon Smile

I use it for .strm files with my hdhomerun tuner.

When watching a live TV channel, I can't get the OSD (or is it called "Player Controls"?) to display (I'm talking about the one with Play, Pause, Video Settings etc.).

I need it, so I can set the deinterlacing options.

Does it have anything to do with your addon; are there special keybindings or something like that?

Thanks
Martin
(2012-10-08, 14:24)Ayla Wrote: When watching a live TV channel, I can't get the OSD (or is it called "Player Controls"?) to display (I'm talking about the one with Play, Pause, Video Settings etc.).

I need it, so I can set the deinterlacing options.

As twinther's wrote:
(2012-09-06, 21:38)twinther Wrote: Regarding the option to open the EPG while streaming it is a trade off situation.
To do this you must keep the windowed = true, but this will give you bad framerates in some cases.

If you disable the OSD/w. EPG display (in the addon settings), player will run in full screen mode and you should get access to the regular xbmc settings (at the cost of loosing EPG on OSD and channel navigation).

BR,
A.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11