Release JSON-RPC Browser
Brick 
JSON-RPC Browser v0.9

This utility is a Javascript based JSON-RPC client application. It uses the introspect method to get the methods back then allows a user to call the methods passing values through auto-generated forms.

If this is useful for you, let me know.

Project Page: https://github.com/robnewton/JSON-RPC-Browser

Direct Download Link: https://github.com/robnewton/JSON-RPC-Br...master.zip

Installation: Download the zip from github. Unzip contents to the webinterface plugin directory. Point your browser to your XBMC web interface slash "JSON-RPC-Browser-master".

On my windows machine using v12.2, my web interface path is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\webinterface.default"

Running the App: Once it is installed, point your browser to your XBMC web interface endpoint plus the path to the folder you just added to the webinterface.default directory. In my case this was http://localhost:8080/JSON-RPC-Browser-m...ndexd.html

Here are some screenshots:

watch gallery
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Question 
I'll love to see it working.

Unfortunatly i've not suceeded.
i've made a new connection, submit, ad nothing Huh
It's gonna use the websockets as a priority. Do you have that setup in the connection? Start with that to check first. Also u can show the js console to see any error and post it here and ill take a look.

Thanks for giving it a try.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

@maku - Make sure that you are pointing your browser to the html file hosted through the web server in XBMC (localhost if its on the same machine). Double clicking the index.html file and running it from the file system will not work if that's maybe what you were doing.

Running the App: Once it is installed, point your browser to your XBMC web interface endpoint plus the path to the folder you just added to the webinterface.default directory. In my case this was http://localhost:8080/JSON-RPC-Browser-m...ndexd.html

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Of course it's working ... i need sleep.

Sorry for the inconvenience Blush

OH MY GOD !!!

it's wonderfull !

no further need to do many useless test or understand the json schema description.
Perfect !

Edit : found why it was not working. Since i'm not on the XBMC computer, i must use the IP adress and not localhost. I really need sleep Angel
First bug.

Selecting Addons.GetAddons.

optional -> type (enabled) -> xbmc.metadata.scraper.tvshows

Call method.

Working good Blush , 1 response.

optional -> properties (enabled) -> click on the combobox, select name.
By the way, the page go to the top, at this point, it's a little annoying. Tongue
Click on the button Add.

Call method.
Working good, but all addons are in the response.
the combobox for the type parameter is disabled but the checkbox is checked.
If i uncheck it, the combobox is enabled.

And again it's a wonder to work with this !
Excellent. Glad it's working for you.

Ill take a look at the bugs you mentioned tonight and post any solution.

Let me know if you run into any other problems. There are some data types that may not work right and others that were recursive and could not be built automatically. I'm open to any ideas you may have to improve it.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Would you like to post bug to github instead of here ?

Or both ?

I'll be glad to return any problem to you.
GitHub please if you can. I don't mind posts here its just possible a bug may get lost in the shuffle.

I looked at the jumping to the top of the page when adding properties but didn't see anything too obviously. You're right though, that is annoying Smile I'll keep looking.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Is this script still maintained and works with current Kodi 14.2?

If anyone knows where to put this script to get it working in Openelec I would be very grateful.
I have tried in various places with no luck so far.
If it works it is just what I was looking for. JSON is a bit hard to figure out at times...
Thanx!
(2015-05-01, 12:45)houser Wrote: Is this script still maintained and works with current Kodi 14.2?
Don't think it is still maintained cos last changes were 2 years ago, it still works beautifullly though so big, big BIG thanks for this, it is really awesome and makes json a whole lot easier to figure out.

(2015-05-01, 12:45)houser Wrote: If anyone knows where to put this script to get it working in Openelec I would be very grateful.
Works on OpenELEC too but since the default webinterface is included in the read-only SYSTEM-file, it does require a different approach. Basicly there's 2 options:
either copy the default webinterface from /usr/share/kodi/addons to /storage/.kodi/addons, reboot and place the files in there so you have a /storage/.kodi/addons/webinterface.default/JSON-RPC-Browser-master.
Or install a different web interface and place files in there, like for instance /storage/.kodi/addons/webinterface.chorus/JSON-RPC-Browser-master
then after browsing to http://i.p.n.r:webserverport/JSON-RPC-Browser-master/index.html you should see the JSON-browser and it is glorious Smile
Thanx Quihico!

Your suggestion worked on Openelec 5.0.8. Really appreciate it.
Now trying to figure out how to use it.
Don't mean to bug you, but if there is a way to build direct links for favorites, that is my first priority and
that functionality does not seem to be in there so far in my trial and error browsing.
Any hint on how to build JSONstrings for recall of favorites that would be fab. Thanx regardless!
(2015-05-24, 12:13)houser Wrote: Thanx Quihico!

Now trying to figure out how to use it.
Don't mean to bug you, but if there is a way to build direct links for favorites, that is my first priority and
that functionality does not seem to be in there so far in my trial and error browsing.
Any hint on how to build JSONstrings for recall of favorites that would be fab. Thanx regardless!

if im understanding your question correctly, its all in the path result...

When you use the GetFavourites method, you can add the path parameter.
your result will include each favorite including its path.
that itself is a link to your favorite

indeed this tool has been very helpful.
Ive been using it a while and only just now when i found this post i realized it also provided a log of each json request in the history tab
(2015-05-24, 13:34)axa88 Wrote: if im understanding your question correctly, its all in the path result...

When you use the GetFavourites method, you can add the path parameter.
your result will include each favorite including its path.
that itself is a link to your favorite

Thanx Axa88

Don't quite get it, but I guess I will have to spend some time in there and figure it out..
Appreciate your reply!
I suppose that's always the trouble with dealing with technical questions on a short answer forum, there's always room for ambiguity.

So in hopes to help make it a bit more clear, and try to stay on topic, using the JSON browser try this:

execute the GetFavourites method adding both the path and windowparameter properties.
Given you have favorites set in kodi, you will get a json result of your set favorites...

Depending exactly what the favorite is set from, either the path or window parameter values returned will provide information to what that favorite is.
Take this example:

{
"title": "Latest News",
"type": "window",
"windowparameter": "plugin://plugin.video.fox.news/?mode=get_videolist&name=Latest%20News&url=http%3a%2f%2fvideo.foxnews.com%2fplaylist%2ffeatured-latest-news"
}

Here the windowparameter describes one of my favorites items,
Then depending on what exactly the favorite is, you can then open it if its a file path, or if like in this case in this case a window list of the fox news plug in Latest news links, i can then use the GetDirectory method to continue processing it.

Far as i know there is no other way to access your favorites list from the json rpc. but what do i know....

Good luck, the browser is a great learning tool... the json spec is inherently complex for such a in depth application and who ever made it should get props for their work.
It has saved me time and trouble

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC Browser0