• 16(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
(2012-07-26, 20:22)gmop Wrote: Hello...
is it possible to deactivate the OSD menu during playback of a stream ? (so that i can use the native xbmc control bar)
The problem is that when i start an stream over tv-guide, HD (1080i) is stuttering.
But when i play that stream trough the xbmc video folder, the stream runs perfectly.
It runs also perfectly when i start the stream over tv-guide and double click with the mouse in the stream (during playback in fullscreen), so that the native xbmc control bar appears.
But this is not an option for me. my backend is DVBViewer recording service, the fronted is xbmc (macosx) and xbmc (openelec).

Many Thx for the Help !

BYE

gmop

I am also experiencing this issue using xmltv. Hopeful for a fix.
(2012-08-11, 05:07)Balthazar Wrote:
is it possible to deactivate the OSD menu during playback of a stream ? (so that i can use the native xbmc control bar)
The problem is that when i start an stream over tv-guide, HD (1080i) is stuttering.
But when i play that stream trough the xbmc video folder, the stream runs perfectly.
It runs also perfectly when i start the stream over tv-guide and double click with the mouse in the stream (during playback in fullscreen), so that the native xbmc control bar appears.
But this is not an option for me. my backend is DVBViewer recording service, the fronted is xbmc (macosx) and xbmc (openelec).

Many Thx for the Help !

BYE

gmop

Just following up. Here is some more information: TVGuide pastebin debug log

I am using XBMC-frodo from the xvba-xbmc source. I can provide more information or debug info if needed.
(2012-08-12, 21:44)Balthazar Wrote:
(2012-08-11, 05:07)Balthazar Wrote:

Many Thx for the Help !

BYE

gmop

Just following up. Here is some more information: TVGuide pastebin debug log

I am using XBMC-frodo from the xvba-xbmc source. I can provide more information or debug info if needed.

+1 -- I'm likewise having choppy playback issues on 1080i content that normally plays flawlessly using the standard .strm links in videos > files. Is there anyway to default to the standard XBMC player with the understanding that in-guide playback etc may be disabled?

(2012-08-16, 20:40)greatfront7 Wrote: +1 -- I'm likewise having choppy playback issues on 1080i content that normally plays flawlessly using the standard .strm links in videos > files. Is there anyway to default to the standard XBMC player with the understanding that in-guide playback etc may be disabled?

Not yet, but I'm working on it. I have a development version with this in that I need to cleanup a bit and then I will release a new test version.
Br.
Tommy
Hi Twinther. First off, great app. Much appreciated. I'm using this in combination in combination on XBMC with ATV2. I'm obviously new to the forums, and you get my first post. I can't figure out how get my xmltv.xml file to load on my apple TV 2. This is most likely a question that any of the forum users in this thread can answer, I've done my reading and can't find instructions for what probably is a simple step.... so if anybody can share some insight let me know.

Details you might need...

I'm getting my xmltv.xml file generated using this http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/

Once I have the XML file I'm connecting to my ATV2 and dropping it into the the usr/ directory... which probably isn't right because I still have danish channels (which look great! but probably won't help me with the battle I'm having with my wife to say that atv2 can replace cable.... )

Fun times! Thanks for any help and thanks for a great app Twinther.
I just released a simple app I call HDHomerun Stream Builder. It can manage the setup of TVGuide and the creation of strm files for each channel automatically. I hope it helps you guys. Awesome addon, I now have live TV on three front ends using this and a single cable card.

Read more about the tool here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139070

Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I dont understand this add on...I installed it and it does nothing when I try to launch it. Am I doing something wrong or does this no longer work?
Disregard, an uninstal the reinstall fixed the issue.
Now...Can anyone point me to directions on making .strm files from a url streaming media?
Look at MyLibrary

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Has anyone else experienced this issue? The TV Guide listings work fine from an XMLTV file for a bit, then crap out and get stuck in an endless "Loading from external sources" message until I cancel it. I have tried a few different versions of TV Guide and they all seem to have this problem including the latest 1.3.9.

20:40:34 T:5440 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:40:34 T:4952 NOTICE: Settings changed: False
20:40:34 T:4952 NOTICE: [script.tvguide] Caching XMLTV file...
20:41:02 T:5528 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:41:10 T:3236 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn
20:41:10 T:2988 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvguide
Im totally in love with this addon, its everything that I've been looking for. I have a few questions though. I had pretty choppy playback when using the plugin but not through the "LiveStreams" addon, so I used twinthers advise below and that fixed the playback but now I have no EPG info during fullscreen playback in the OSD. Is there a fix to this?

(2012-06-27, 19:47)twinther Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 03:21)Stop Wrote: Nice one, but i can notice fps drops, compare to livestream addon, here looks like a jitter all the time...any clue why?

Im on atv 2

I'm not sure why it doesn't plays fluently, but I know what causes it.
When I added the "set top box interface" where you can get OSD info while watching a channel, I switched to playing the video as part of the skin instead of fullscreen.

You can force it to play fullscreen, but replacing the instance of
self.player.play(item = streamUrl, windowed=True)
with
self.player.play(item = streamUrl)

There are a couple of places in source.py where this needs to be changed.

I'll probably add a setting in a future release so you don't have to edit the py files..

Br.
Tommy

Also in my channel list I have a couple of channels that do have any EPG info online, and because of this I cant seem to start those streams from the EPG list, it just kind of skips those streams when trying to start them. Is there any solution for this because I really hate having to turn of the TV Guide plugin and enter the LiveStreams one just watch those channels?

(2012-07-21, 12:06)CrimsonGT Wrote: Also, 2 requests for changes in the future...

1) The option to open up the TV Guide channels list while still keeping a Stream going would be awesome. Basically the ability to check out whats on other channels without stopping the current one.

I would also love this, or maybe just the ability to change the channel by pressing forward or backwards on the remote, just like a regular tv.
(2012-06-27, 19:47)twinther Wrote: You can force it to play fullscreen, but replacing the instance of
self.player.play(item = streamUrl, windowed=True)
with
self.player.play(item = streamUrl)

There are a couple of places in source.py where this needs to be changed.

These directions worked to solve my 1080i stuttering issues twinther, thank you!

Unfortunately, I seem to have a recurring issue with DB corruption. The XML loads fine (after 600+ seconds typically as I have over 500 channels with comcast cable), but upon reboot and re-opening the TV Guide add-on, I consistently receive an error about the DB being broken and needing to be rebuilt. I have been trying to implement this on Openelec (2b7) installs across several machines. Could this be a XML data issue?
Hi guys.

Can you provide more info if you are experiencing the DB corruption when using Xml tv?
Are you fx loading the xmltv file via samba?

Regarding the option to open the EPG while streaming it is a trade off situation.
To do this you must keep the windowed = true, but this will give you bad framerates in some cases.
Not much to do about, perhaps all this will not matter once XBMC PVR support is merged :-)

Br.
Tommy
Twinther: What is the plan for this addon and PVR? Will you be creating a PVR addon for merging xmltv and strm files into the LiveTV pvr interface of xbmc? If you have been making progress on that already, can you share the source? That is exactly what I'm interested in doing and am interested in lending a hand getting it coded.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Thank you for this very useful add-on! Makes my HDHomeRun useful in XBMC.

I am using mc2xml for ATSC listings in the USA. I have edited the channels in the TV Guide to display just the ones I receive. However the listings do not show the actual channel numbers and mc2xml downloads all available guide info for my area (I only get around a dozen of the 30-40 channels!).

Can anybody help me create the mc2xml.chl and mc2xml.ren files please? I've been reading the mc2xml site, but not getting anywhere....

Thanks again!

Figured it out! Now to get some logos... What's the best size to make the logos please?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11