• 25(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Tommy I still seems to be having an issue with reopening this addon once its been opened once its also crashies xbmc on exit here is my log when I tried to reopen your amazing addon.
Thanks for your help http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30875
Hello
I would like to know if it's possible to use this add-on to display EPG from PVR module. The reason I would like to use it instead of built-in EPG viewer is that I would like to have EPG for PVR and ipTV sources together. Additionally I would like to have:
- integration with XBMC scrapers (choose movie, scrape info about it, display it)
- integration with trakt.tv (mark which movie I've already watched)
- possibility to plan recording - just like in PVR module (and for EPG from PVR it could start PVR's configuration) but for ipTV provide API which such plugins can implement
I'm using TV Guide now with the Filmon plugin and it works great, have also set up several sports stream setup and that works too.

Now my next hurdle is the USTVNOW plugin, I can save the channels as favorites and select the channels in TV Guide to the correct program/station, however I've noticed now that the USTVNOW favorites are only valid for a 24 hour period, after that period they will need to be reselected and again assigned to the TV Guide channels. The end result is that it is a non working solution.

Now I wonder if we can do the same as done for the FilmOn plugin
Brick 
I've been working on adding some features that some of you may be interested in. It only works with XMLTV sourced guide data for now and you will need to go into the settings to configure it all.

It's not stable yet, but give it a shot and let me know if you run into bugs. I'm doing this so I can hopefully cut the cable boxes out and save on the rental fee from Fios. (I have an HDHomeRun). The loading needs a lot of optimization before it could be used with a very large XMLTV file, so start small.

Checkout the commit to the fork here: https://github.com/robnewton/script.tvgu...ee86e48e35

Changes
Code:
Added support for categories as found in the XMLTV data, lookups and
storage of additional meta data such as the TVDBId, TMDBId, season and
epi

Added a TVDB library
Added a TMDB library
Added a SickBeard library
Added a CouchPotato library
Added columns to the programs table in the sqlite database to capture
seriesId (tvdb), movieId (imdb), episode and season numbers, new flag,
category.
Added loading of the new program database columns when those database
rows for each program in the source are inserted. (no matter the source
type XMLTV, YOUSEE, etc, all will be able to use these features so long
as the source parser is updated to pull the information from somewhere
in the source data)
Enhanced the XMLTV parser to load the new program attributes (columns)
listed above from the XMLTV data combined with additional sources such
as TVDB & TMDB
Modified the epg viewer code to apply a color to the program based upon
it's category (dark green = sports, light green = news, red = movies,
orange = kids). This actually mirrors verizon fios color coding.
The icons for each program in the EPG were swapped out while changing
the category colors to use a vertical gradient instead of a horizontal
one (stretches better horizontally, and again, matches the verizon fios
interface)
Added "Record with SickBeard" option in the menu for a program. It will
add the show to sickbeard with all prior episodes set to "skipped'
Added an icon to the info panel on the EPG view for showing the
sickbeard logo when the show is managed by sickbeard
Added settings pages for each of the new libraries to configure the base
url's, api keys, and enable flag
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Great idea but:
I use localized scraper (my epg is localized too) so would be nice to choose scrapers manually
sickbeard is OS dependable, would be nice to have some universal option to record, like command to execute, maybe next option?
Twinther,

Hi Tommy,

Can there be multiple add-on's in the selection for channels or can there be only one.

Thanks
Hans
(2013-01-28, 16:12)umonkey Wrote: Tommy I still seems to be having an issue with reopening this addon once its been opened once its also crashies xbmc on exit here is my log when I tried to reopen your amazing addon.
Thanks for your help http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30875

I have just uploaded version 1.3.99 to my beta repository that should fix this problem.
AFAICT it only happened when you had played a stream, exited the tv guide and tried to start it again.
My beta repo is here as usual: http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/

Please let me know if anything is broken. I think we are getting pretty close.
If you get script errors, please make sure you install the addon via XBMC and not manually unzip it.
You may have to uninstall first before reinstalling to remove old python object files.

(2013-01-30, 11:29)Marx1 Wrote: Hello
I would like to know if it's possible to use this add-on to display EPG from PVR module. The reason I would like to use it instead of built-in EPG viewer is that I would like to have EPG for PVR and ipTV sources together. Additionally I would like to have:
- integration with XBMC scrapers (choose movie, scrape info about it, display it)
- integration with trakt.tv (mark which movie I've already watched)
- possibility to plan recording - just like in PVR module (and for EPG from PVR it could start PVR's configuration) but for ipTV provide API which such plugins can implement
Sounds interesting but I have no plans to integrate with the built-in functionality. I'm not sure if it's even possible at the moment.

(2013-01-31, 01:21)vandonh Wrote: I'm using TV Guide now with the Filmon plugin and it works great, have also set up several sports stream setup and that works too.

Now my next hurdle is the USTVNOW plugin, I can save the channels as favorites and select the channels in TV Guide to the correct program/station, however I've noticed now that the USTVNOW favorites are only valid for a 24 hour period, after that period they will need to be reselected and again assigned to the TV Guide channels. The end result is that it is a non working solution.

Hi vandonh,
You'll have to talk with the developer of the USTVNOW addon about this. The TV Guide is only invoking the other addon.

(2013-02-01, 04:45)angrycamel Wrote: I've been working on adding some features that some of you may be interested in. It only works with XMLTV sourced guide data for now and you will need to go into the settings to configure it all.
Wow this looks impressive! I'm finishing up a new release for the official repo at the moment, but I'll take a closer look at this once I'm done with that.

(2013-02-01, 17:40)vandonh Wrote: Twinther,

Hi Tommy,

Can there be multiple add-on's in the selection for channels or can there be only one.

Thanks
Hans
Not at the moment. You can only select one stream for each channel.
(2013-01-31, 01:21)vandonh Wrote: I'm using TV Guide now with the Filmon plugin and it works great, have also set up several sports stream setup and that works too.

To use the USTVNOW plugin from TV Guide, add the following code at the end of default.py, just before the last line which should read: Addon.end_of_directory()
You will find default.py in the plugin.video.ustvnow directory.

Code:
elif mode=='play':
    name = Addon.plugin_queries['name']
    try:
       stream_type = 'rtmp'
       channels = []
       quality = int(Addon.get_setting('quality'))
       channels = ustv.get_channels(quality,stream_type)
       for c in channels:
         if c['name'] == name:
           print "URL = "+c['url']
           print "setResolvedUrl"
           item = xbmcgui.ListItem(path=c['url'])
           xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), True, item)
    except:
      pass

Then, setup a .strm file containing the following line:
plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/?name=ABC&mode=play

You can use ABC, CBS, NBC, CW, FOX, PBS, My9 (note case sensitivity) for the free channels. The resolution will follow whatever is set in settings for USTVNOW. I use mc2xml set to a harrisburg, pa zip code to get the .xml for listings.
Tommy, I actually use stable version of Frodo and 1.3.5 TVGuide. Is in latest version TVGuide "open stream error"appearing?
Please Tommy, one request: If the epg for a channel is empty or blank, let it still be choosable, so that we can play the stream attached to it Smile
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2013-02-02, 16:38)Bobian Wrote: Tommy, I actually use stable version of Frodo and 1.3.5 TVGuide. Is in latest version TVGuide "open stream error"appearing?

Hi Bobian,
Yes, if you select the alternate streaming method in the tv guide setting.
Please give it a try and let me know if it works.
Br.
Tommy
(2013-02-02, 17:09)Maniac Wrote: Please Tommy, one request: If the epg for a channel is empty or blank, let it still be choosable, so that we can play the stream attached to it Smile

Ah, the source I usually use creates these "No programming" block itself, maybe I should add it to the tv guide aswell. I'll take a look Smile
Br.
Tommy
(2013-02-01, 23:57)learningit Wrote:

To use the USTVNOW plugin from TV Guide, add the following code at the end of default.py, just before the last line which should read: Addon.end_of_directory()
You will find default.py in the plugin.video.ustvnow directory.

elif mode=='play':
name = Addon.plugin_queries['name']
try:
stream_type = 'rtmp'
channels = []
quality = int(Addon.get_setting('quality'))
channels = ustv.get_channels(quality,stream_type)
for c in channels:
if c['name'] == name:
print "URL = "+c['url']
print "setResolvedUrl"
item = xbmcgui.ListItem(path=c['url'])
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), True, item)
except:
pass

Then, setup a .strm file containing the following line:
plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/?name=ABC&mode=play

You can use ABC, CBS, NBC, CW, FOX, PBS, My9 (note case sensitivity) for the free channels. The resolution will follow whatever is set in settings for USTVNOW. I use mc2xml set to a harrisburg, pa zip code to get the .xml for listings.

For some reason the indentations on the code above don't show correctly, but if you 'quote' the post you'll see the proper indents or if you know python you can figure it out.

This is great, exactly whay I needed, thank you!!!

Have a problem with the code, I get the following script error:

Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Users\\Sony\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.ustvnow\\default.py', 84, 7, ' for c in channels:\n'))

So I must be doing some thing wrong with inserting the code

Update, figured it out working like a champ!!!!

Many thanks my friend!!!

Tommy, sorry but the new version of TVGuide still isn't working well on Frodo. Open stream unfortunately. It looks like program search playlist or something
(2013-02-02, 23:50)Bobian Wrote: Tommy, sorry but the new version of TVGuide still isn't working well on Frodo. Open stream unfortunately. It looks like program search playlist or something

Did you change the setting as I mentioned?
It has fixed the problem for others in this thread.

please describe exactly what you are doing.
What source, what stream/addon, etc.

Br.
Tommy
Ok. Source is xmltv, addon - Polish TV/WeebTV from sd-xbmc repository. I selected alternate streaming method in the tv guide setting. And when I choose channel in epg, open stream window appears. When I stop it, at the right bottom of the page information about the playlist is demonstrating itself.
1.3.5 version works almost correctly
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11