1080 P stutter mac mini 2011
Hi , I recently bought a mac mini to use as htpc.

I got some movies on a external Hd connected to the mac mini ( With 8 GB memory )with firewire 800.

Now yesterday i watched some 1080P movies and tv-shows on it without a problem ( around the size of 10gb - 20).
Now today i wanted to watch them again and they all suffer from extreme FPS drops.
I can't watch any 1080P movie or tv show.

I can watch some movies lower then 720p without a problem.

I already tried to restart the mac mini but with no change.

Can anyone help ?
I have a 2010 Mac mini -- 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo w/ 8GB 1066 memory and NVIDIA 320m and don't have any stutter at all with 1080p or 720p. What are you Mini's specs and what version of XBMC are you running?
ndukyh Wrote:I have a 2010 Mac mini -- 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo w/ 8GB 1066 memory and NVIDIA 320m and don't have any stutter at all with 1080p or 720p. What are you Mini's specs and what version of XBMC are you running?

I have the first version intel mini, and it does play 720p files, just fine but stutters on 1080p files.

My mini, is way old, no core duo, and intel integrated graphics. But i am not expecting much of mine.

the 2010 one should be fine.
It is a 2011 2,5 ghz , 8GB ram.
I was using Eden beta 1, Now using beta 2

Like i said it sometimes happens and sometimes not.

Now with beta 2 it even stutters on below 720p , until i pause it for 2 sec and then it works again below 720p.

1080p works now again, but like i said , it comes and goes.
Might be beta issues then. My beta 1 was working fine. Beta 2 I just installed and noticed a bit on wonkiness when the video started up playing but it soon played smoothly and all was well. I would try installing Dharma and see if it acts the same way. Also make sure hardware acceleration is on.
ndukyh Wrote:Might be beta issues then. My beta 1 was working fine. Beta 2 I just installed and noticed a bit on wonkiness when the video started up playing but it soon played smoothly and all was well. I would try installing Dharma and see if it acts the same way. Also make sure hardware acceleration is on.

Installing Dharma gives be a bunch of error's and no way in adding movies.
Installing Beta 2 again and will try different things out :/
Ok i found out that if i disable adjust refresh rate , the video plays Full fps again.
Ofc i have stutters now .... :/

anyhelp on this ?

I'm on Eden 1 at the moment

(btw : The stutters happen all the time now , does not matter what source)

BTW2: Found out that if i put my mac mini to 24 hz , i can play blu-ray's fine with refresh rate on , but if i want to watch dvd's then , it goes 2 frames a sec again.
So problem must be with that function
eden b2
davilla Wrote:eden b2

Just installed xbmc eden beta 2.
Still got the same problem ... Until i press the fast forward button 1's
The music kicks in then and the video smooths out.

Well it's better then nothing for now , but not the perfect fit yet.
1 day of no problems and they start up again.
Seems like everything with DTS sound lags like crazy, and gives me no sound.

Only a restart of the mac mini seems to fix it for some time
zeromancer Wrote:1 day of no problems and they start up again.
Seems like everything with DTS sound lags like crazy, and gives me no sound.

Only a restart of the mac mini seems to fix it for some time

i guess thats the diff my amp does the dts and dolby decoding the mac just does video
reactor789 Wrote:i guess thats the diff my amp does the dts and dolby decoding the mac just does video
well my mini is connected to my amp with hdmi , and then hdmi from the amp to tv
I got a sony str-k360s and even shows the dts . but just after a day i can't play any mkv with dts sound because it will stutter, and no more sound.

The amp won't show surround or dts then btw.
turn off 'adjust display refresh' or add a pause delay of about 1.5 seconds.
davilla Wrote:turn off 'adjust display refresh' or add a pause delay of about 1.5 seconds.

i already have a delay of 2sec. And like i said , it works fine for a hour or 2 , or 2 episodes of blu-ray lost. After that it stutters.
Turning off Adjust display refresh does not fix the problem. Only a restart does.

Besides when i turn off adjust display refresh i will get major stutters when the camera moves, Right ?
yeah right with the stuttering on pans in movies without refreshrate adaption...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080 P stutter mac mini 20110