Dual monitors: Laptop and TV
I installed xbmc on my ubuntu laptop with HDMI support. I then connected my HD tv to my laptop through the HDMI port with audio. It works great in Ubuntu, but when I boot up XBMC the application is split between the two screens ( a portion shows on my laptop screen and a portion on my HDTV. Is there a way to force xbmc to play, fullscreen, on the TV only?

I have:

ATI Radeon
Ubuntu 11.10 (fresh install)

Takk!
The xbmc window gets split between the two monitors. I would like to run fullscreen on the TV, and just not use the laptop monitor.
deten Wrote:The xbmc window gets split between the two monitors. I would like to run fullscreen on the TV, and just not use the laptop monitor.

Try use xrandr command before launching XBMC to switch off laptop and only use monitor screen.

To automate, you can add this command into a Bash script within an executable textfile.

Alternatively you can select Screens in Ubuntu Settings and enable/disable the screens from there.
Actually switching off the display, a feature I didnt know existing, quickly and easily fixed this.

Thank you for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual monitors: Laptop and TV0