Error 2 share not available weird problem
Hey all

I'm running the Eden beta 2 on both my iPad 2 and atv2. I have my files on my dlink 320 NAS drive, sharing using samba

Having the problem on both the iPad and the atv2

The problem I have is that I can access my share on the NAS drive when my home pc is on (on the same network) when trying to add a source.
As soon as I switch the pc off, I can no longer access the NAS drive to add sources, giving me an error 2 share not available message, but if I have already added the sources before I switched the pc off I can play the files off the NAS fineHuh

My laptop, even other apps (filebrowser on iPad) can access the NAS fine with the pc off??

Here's my debugging log file: http://pastebin.com/qvx1zYDG this is off my ipad2

Can anyone help?
I've just grabbed a log file again to show that I cant access the NAS when trying to add a source, yet I can play a file that was added to my library when the pc was on

This was just done with my pc off

http://pastebin.com/7ydSPj2C
Try the ip of your server instead of that hostname. NetBios resolving is wonky in microsoft networks ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Even if it's only the ipad2, atv2, and the NAS on the network? I'll give it a try with the ip 2moz when I get chance!

I presume I add smb://192.168.0.3/ then add??
The pc is acting as browse master on the network. Unless the nas is able to take on that role when the pc is down you are going to have problems.
Can you point me in the direction to change this?? I've seen links on google to disable windows from trying to take master, but that means I will have to do it to all computers that connect to my network??

Can't find anything to make my nas the master in the firmware settings or using Debian squeeze that I installed onto it

Never had this problem appear before, struggling to think what's caused it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error 2 share not available weird problem0