upgraded and xbmc completely missing from menu
Ok. I'm not sure if this will be lack of information, but I can't get all the information until tomorrow.

I was walking my father-in-law through updating xbmc under maintenance/extras on appletv2. I've done it myself. It said update on it, and he clicked on it. Said it was updating and than asked to restart. He did.

Than all of a sudden xbmc is completely missing off the menu. Went back to where we updated it, and clicked on it. It said installing....but than comes back and says there was an error retry. This should pretty much be automatic and work. We have both run these updates before. Wonder what might be going on? Anything else besides get log files? Which I can't do until tomorrow.
Updating what? Add-ons?

Did he accidentally update the iOS version - that would remove XBMC.

Edit - I forgot about NitoTV, as I don't have it. Updating through that?
It's on the appletv 2nd gen. Updating XBMC. Not any particular add-on, ust XBMC itself.

the first menu on the appletv, where it says computers, xbmc, maintenance etc.
It's the only place I know of to run the updates. You go into the menu and under 3rd party application "forget the actual wording" - it will say to the right "installed" or "update" ect. That is where I've always updated it or installed it.

XBMC does show up under 3rd party apps. just now when u click on it, it says installing...and than error retry. retrying doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure that is all he clicked on since I was telling him what to do exactly and he was telling me exactly what was happening.
That doesn't sound like NitoTV..
Sounds like firecore stuff...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upgraded and xbmc completely missing from menu0