scraper/thumbnails question
<deleted>
Use Pastebin.com for your debug log
Please don't post logs in the forum. Copy and paste them to http://pastebin.com/ and post the link here.

JR
Sorry about that, I use will Pastebin tonight when I get home. Out of curiosity, do you guys want me to let XBMC take as long as it needs to scan the content, or should I just end the scanning if I notice the scanning is taking multiple minutes like it has been for me lately?
I have such a small file library that this should not be taking a long time, especially since the .nfo and fanart/album art is already created.
Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
ASUS EN8400GS SILENT/DI/1GD2(LP) Video Card
(2.0 card running in a x16 1.0 slot...older Gigabyte motherboard!)
Ultra Modular 600 Watt Power Supply
XBMC Frodo
Sounds like the issue will appear as soon as you start scanning (seeing as it's stuck on American Pie for over a minute) so you can cancel it after maybe 20secs and post the log. I have read a few issues here in the forums with scraping and recent beta releases, so you're not alone and I'm sure we'll find a solution once you get the log up.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
it was interesting last night though.....I decided to delete both Movie Source folders I had, and then I went to add them back. The first folder I added back, the movies scraped fast....only taking seconds for each one....then I went to add the second folder back, and that's when it stalled. So, I wanted to experiment again and I deleted the source folders again. When I added either of the source folders back this time, that's when it starting hanging and not scraping.....and it didn't scrape well for the rest of the night. It didn't matter which source folder I added and tried to scrape first. I also tried almost every configuration possible with both the The Movie DB and IMDB scraper, even though XBMC should have been pulling from the nfo files. I even tried shutting down the computer and restarting, just to see if it was something going on somewhere else in my computer. I'll get this log up after work today.
Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
XBMC Frodo
Star 
Hopefully you using the system 'clean-up' utility somewhere in all this..? Are you deleting your user file folder, or just taking them out of the path. A true clean would be to re-install, from scratch... rename all XBMC folders to XBMC_old including the ones in the roaming dir.
Here is a log of my latest attempt. Chose the IMDB scraper.....not even 1 movie scraped before I gave up and shut it down....oh, and Eden decided to completely lock up this time too to where I had to shut the power down via the computer tower.

http://pastebin.com/29X8XfzS
Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
XBMC Frodo
@PatK: I am not really sure what you mean. Whenever I delete the movie "source" folder that I added into the files window, it asks "do you want to remove all items from within this path from the XBMC library?"
I always say "Yes"

I thought I would mention these are the settings I am using when I select the IMDB scraper....I choose "run automated scan" "movies are in separate folders...." "scan recursively".....and then I go into the settings tab and uncheck anything dealing with enabling poster/fanart from the various web sites it lists.
Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
XBMC Frodo
well I have something interesting to add to this whole mix......so for the hundredth time I decided to try and add the movie source folder back in....this time I chose The Movie DB scraper.....When the scanning for content started, it did what it has been doing.....nothing......so as it was "scanning" I hit enter on the directory that I added and I saw a list of all the movies in that directory. Kind of by mistake I hit "enter" on the keyboard and actually launched one of the movies......I stopped the movie, and exited out back to the main menu and noticed that some of my movies were now added to the movie list.....but then I looked up at the scanning bar, and it appeared hung up again on one of the movies.....so once again I decided to launch one of the movies from the directory........well, after that even more movies had been added......each time the scanning for content progress bar got hung up, I just launched a movie, then quickly stopped it and exited out......and well, that seems to have unglitched whatever was going on to be able to scrape the rest of the movies......hmmm, what do you all make of this phenomenon?
Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
XBMC Frodo
Odd indeed. The log you posted shows it scanned and found nothing new. I've never heard of anything like this, but I guess you have only two options.

1) if the process you've just described works for you stay with that and hope for the best. If you've worked your way through your library then add something new and see if it scrapes without any trickery.

2) Do a clean, and I mean clean install - remove (whether you delete or backup) your user folder, delete the XBMC program directory and start completely fresh - cover every base.

I can't see this (being as unique as it seems) being anything less than a corrupted scraper or corrupted database.

It seems like you've tried deleting the source and adding it again that it would be no so much of an ordeal to *really* make sure everythings clean and start anew. This is not, obviously, normal behaviour from any of the betas.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Disable the "scraper actor thumbnails" (or simething like that) on settings>video.
That did the trick for me when the scraper was hanging.
Thanks Aliice, I will try your tip tonight and see if that works as well. Thank you everyone who has been helping me with this issue. Sometimes I just think maybe my computer is too slow to handle anything these days. A Single-core processor at 2.4 gigs just seems to not be able to keep up with hardly any programs. Hopefully I can get my new screaming computer built this year.
Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
XBMC Frodo
XBMC can only use one core, and it wouldn't account for the issues you're having. Let us know how you make out Smile
So can anyone tell me if there is an ideal setting/configuration I should be using when it comes to either the IMDB or The Move DB scraper if I want to essentially just pull the information from the NFO files? I am not possibly selecting something that is still causing XBMC to try and go out to the internet am I?
Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
XBMC Frodo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scraper/thumbnails question0