Concept IMDb meets Plex
Definitely keen to see this as a skin. Even if Kodi cant do Blur yet, it could still work as a Dim'd background
(2015-04-30, 10:58)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 17:59)Hitcher Wrote: Very nice concept but an episode thumb (400x225px) displayed at fullscreen would look horrible.

I blame TVDB for that. There's no excuse for that size in 2015. I wish I had the knowledge and skills to create a replacement. Even if it was just for thumbs it would be worth it Wink

I know that right now Fanart.tv doesn't have the resources to add a new section, but that would be the ideal place. They recently added high-res season posters, which is another area where TVDB is lagging behind.

Might be worth seeing how much interest there is for it over there. I'd definitely be interested.

As an alternative, is there anyway to have episode specific fanart? I've seen skins where you can have season-specific extrafanart I think (Aeon Nox?).

I don't know where it pulls them from, but Trakt.tv seems to have higher res episode thumbs (853x400) although only for newer seasons of shows and that still wouldn't be high enough for a full-screen view at 1920x1080.
Also, a bit of a shameless plug, but I'm working on a concept skin called Copacetic (More here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2060275) which has a similar sort of overlay thing going on minus the blur and tries to use logos as an optional text alternative in this view where appropriate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb meets Plex3