Concept IMDb meets Plex
Hey all,

while browsing through Dribbble I found this interesting concept by Vane Jung.

Do you think it's worth starting to get this skin up and running?

---

Screensaver Mode
A slideshow of new TV episodes and movies runs when TV is on idle.

List of TV show seasons
Viewing list of seasons and episodes all together in bird's-eye view.

Episode Detail
One of scenes from an episode in still image, or episode trailer runs through if available.

More Options Menu
Accessible by holding an enter key on an Apple Remote.

Home Screen
Slideshow of movies, TV shows, etc on the background. Clean navigation as a starter.

Unwatched Episodes
Unwatched episodes are immediately available to select without browsing further.

TV Show List
Also able to view a quick info for each TV show status and storyline while navigating through.

TV Show Detail + Seasons or Episodes
More detailed info provided. Latest episode is effortlessly accessible.

Best regards!
Looks good, but this concept lives from blured layers.... The Kodi skin engine doesn't have such features for bluring an image or to create those milky glas effect layers.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Yeah, but i think even without blured overlays, this could be a real nice concept !
won't work well without blur because all the fine details of the UI would be lost and unreadable on detailed fanart
are there any plans to implement a blur shader at the moment? Or is it impossible or too much work? I've seen skinners request it in a couple of threads now, just wondering.
Very nice concept but an episode thumb (400x225px) displayed at fullscreen would look horrible.
Love it, i want it! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
I love it! I hope that blurred effects will be possible in near future Smile.
Interesting ! Really would like to see a blur effect / animation too. Should make some awesome design render.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
very nice!!
First, Cool Mockups, 2nd not shue if all is doable showd in the Concept (beside the bluring) Confused

You could try to use Transparent overlays instead of bluring.

Not shure if ure'll be happy with it

quick trys:
watch gallery

Would recomend you to start with Mockups first (PS or Gimp)

Think this dont gonna be a easy one.
You have to think about how to achieve things which are showd in the Mockups (have you already??)

for example how would you achieve to show the episodes directly under the Season Poster (Mockups above)?
You could try to use Lists with a visible "substring" compared to 1st S1, 2nd to S2 and so one for the labels, but not shure this will work!!
beside this, you would have to achieve a "oncklick" which directly jumps to "All seasons" to do it that way.

Just to tell what jumps in Mind when looking at this concept/mockups.

Beside this, some of the Fonts seems to be a bit small to be easy readable on the TV screen (Clock for example)!!
Just to mention.

Jer, would like to see it working, but as told before, dont think this gonna be a easy one!!

So my suggestion:
Start with Mockups (PS/ Gimp) test them On your TV screen, (dont forget Dialogs and so on..)
Think about "Key features" and how to Code.

Guess u'll see where the difficulties r, if u decide to jump in.

If you wanne give it a Go, ... O.K. ..
(Seams at least ther is a Interest to see something like this working.)
Don't think this skin will work at all without a blur effect, but that's just me.
blure isnt used everywhere, wher it is, there could be finde solutions, dont bet on the Mockups i did (didnt invest much time to finde a god solution.)

Maby hes abel to come up with something better.

(Looking again at the Mockups, and there could maybe also a "bluredlike" BG image be used, maby also with fanartcolor matching colordiffuse for example, ... .)
Aside from the blur, one of the things that makes it look nice is the font sizes. The mix of small and big typography is a classic text based design thing, but unfortunately is only possible up close (e.g. computer screen or magazine) - anything like this from a distance just doesn't work. It could work for a tablet type device, but it really doesn't seem designed for touch.

In Zephyr I'm really pushing the font sizes on the edge of what is acceptable and the ones here are much smaller so they will be unreadable at a 10ft interface even on a 42"+ screen. A 42" screen is what I test on and I really don't think I could go any smaller with font sizes.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-04-28, 17:59)Hitcher Wrote: Very nice concept but an episode thumb (400x225px) displayed at fullscreen would look horrible.

I blame TVDB for that. There's no excuse for that size in 2015. I wish I had the knowledge and skills to create a replacement. Even if it was just for thumbs it would be worth it ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb meets Plex3