Video (XMV/WMV/AVI) playlist/loop as screensaver
Star 
posible to have a video stream as a screensaver?!

i have several files (mpg) like a aquarium, or a fire place..
it's dam cool to have to fire place running while listing to mp3s.

should'n be too hard to have it running in a loop.

what do you think.
Thumbs Up 
thought about the exact thing myself so i'd like to see it too. xbmc have to handle two streams at the same time. don't know if that would be a problem for some reason.
/mosax :) ...likes xbmc
sounds like a great idea
Sad 
is there a way to loop the videos that are in a directory?

need to use my xbox as a infinty video source for my party tonite! :d

thx!
no, this not currently a such function. moving to the feature suggestions forum.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
this could be an interesting feature for playlists, ie. repeat this file/stream infinitely, or a random mode.

for more "playlist" features one could look at what winamp5/foobar/videolan perhaps. more to follow.
just stream the research channel all night p*a*r*t*y!

ooooor maybe not Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
a loop feature would be great for making screensavers...

theres a great microsoft screensaver 'bliss' which is a looped .avi file.

on this page 'bliss-screensaver (1.7 mb)'
http://www-pc.uni-regensburg.de/systemsw...ptools.htm
hi,

what i have is a couple of very nice avis and mpegs that contain fireplaces and aquariums.
since i have an lcd-tv it's really nice to have one of these on in the background, when you have guests for example.

however, i want to have music on while they are playing.

is it currently possible, or would it be feasible to implement this?

any sound present in the movies played would of course be ignored.

thanks.
(phunqe @ july 23 2004,06:32 Wrote:is it currently possible
no, so moving your post to the feature suggestions forum and into the existing topic thread for this (video screensaver)

(phunqe @ july 23 2004,06:32 Wrote:would it be feasible to implement this?
video screensaver yes, but don't think video could be played as as visualization so works while playing a music/audio file

(phunqe @ july 23 2004,06:32 Wrote:i want to have music on while they are playing. any sound present in the movies played would of course be ignored.
this would not be possible with xbmc current code structure, xbmc's mplayer-core can only play one file at the time.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
fyi, i posted an official feature request for this back in october last year, including detailed ideas: video playlist/loop as screensaver (link)
ps! for this rfe to work in a good way one would have to code xbmc to save video, music & picture playlists in separate locations/folders
(gamester17 @ july 23 2004,13:58 Wrote:
(phunqe @ july 23 2004,06:32 Wrote:i want to have music on while they are playing. any sound present in the movies played would of course be ignored.
this would not be possible with xbmc current code structure, xbmc's mplayer-core can only play one file at the time.
i got a crazy idea which would actually fulfill my needs :idea:

if you stream videos you could set up a streaming server like vlc, loop the fireplace (for example) and get the sound from winamp output (i stream my music from a server in my closet anyway) Smile

i have to try this. sounds elaborate enough to actually work in some way heh.

thanks for the info gamestar.
ok,

i realize there is a screensaver competition for xbmc...but...is there perhaps a 3rd party dvd that might work for xbmc as a screensaver? i've seen a lot of plasma tv's running screensaver dvds and such like this aqua (tropical fish tank) one.

will those work, or will that work? or is that something that has to be added to xbmc?
that won't work on its own, but a more general form would. perhaps a screensaver plugin that loops a certain, user selected, video file. imo, that'd be a valid entry, and a useful addition.
--jaga
hi, i view all my digital photos via xbmc and it looks great using the slideshow. but i would also like to be able to view video clips from the my pictures section, my camera takes small .avi clips and i offten take a few clips when taking photos.
is there any way to play them from my pictures? preferably include them in the slideshow?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video (XMV/WMV/AVI) playlist/loop as screensaver2