Scraping issue (?) : movies not showing
Hi, and first of all, thanks and congratulations for that wonderful piece of software that XBMC is. Having recently installed an XBMCBuntu beta 3 on a brand-new HTPC+big TV, it has offered me nothing but pleasure x)

I, have encountered one slight (but still annoying) problem. I'm maybe/probably doing something wrong, but I can't put my finger on it : the TV shows and movies are scraped fine, but only the TV Shows appear in the list in library mode, not the movies.

I copied both TV Shows and Movies (I tested 7 of them) in the default directories ("TV Shows" and "Movies").

The movies, are being scrapped correctly (i chose IMdb) :
- I checked the file names.
- I saw by the tooltip showing the download progress that the titles were correct.
- I opened the database /home/me/.xbmc/MyMoviesXX.db in SQLiteManager and saw the movies were there, located in correct categories.
Code:
SELECT * FROM movie
gives me 7 valid records so the DB content is OK.

- All the categories, years, and actor/director information extracted from the movies are correctly displayed : in library mode, I go to Movies/ By Actors, and all the actors in the 7 movies show up (pretty impressive feature, btw). I can see the information for the 7 directors of the 7 movies I've copied are displayed too.

The only thing is : I can't see the movie titles in any list mode. The only way to be able to play those files is to turn off the directory type by setting content to none.

Funny thing though (in library mode), if I press "Play" instead of "OK" on my MediaCenter remote, the first (and only) movie of the category I've focused (let's say for example SciFi) starts to play. So I guess this is a GUI thing going wrong, like a filter or something, except there is no active filter. Also tested the same thing with a USB keyboard, no better.

To be sure there wasn't a permission problem, I chmodd'ed the directory so that every user could access it. (
Code:
sudo chmod 777 -R Movies/
).

Of course, typing
Code:
cd Movies
and
Code:
ls
outputs all the movies.

I just tested
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

to get the RC1, bug the problem still remains.

My settings XML files are unmodified, and the only add-ons I installed are a few movie/TV Shows scrapper, the RSS feed editor, and the fan-art downloader.

Here's the output of the XBMC debug log, from the moment I scanned the content of the "Movies" directory, till the moment I tried to access it.

http://pastebin.com/2Z8xGec3

The moment I try to access the directory is, from what I've understood from the log, located at 00:45:53.
A strange thing though, at the same exact second, I get both :
Code:
00:45:53 T:7740544   DEBUG: OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
00:45:53 T:7740544   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (/home/pierre/Movies/)
00:45:53 T:7740544   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [sources://video/]
00:45:53 T:7740544   DEBUG: RunQuery took 1 ms for 7 items query: select * from movieview where c23=3
(good)

and
Code:
00:45:53 T:7740544   DEBUG: OnKey: backspace (f008) pressed, action is Back
00:45:53 T:7740544   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (sources://video/)
(maybe the reason behind the problem).

Again, thanks in advance for taking the time to look at it.
Did you press backspace? It doesn't seem to have a problem scanning or listing the folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply ;-)

I just realized I forgot to tell that even though the log says so, I didn't press Backspace at all. The startling thing is that both "keystrokes" seem to occur at the exact same time. But still, the (visually empty) directory shown is the one I was going to, and not its parent.

Tested with USB keyboard and remote control.

Oh, and I also tested it with two different skins : the default one and Aeon Nox (downloaded via the included add-on manager).
So you didn't press backspace, but you did end up in an "empty" folder, even though it xbmc (from the log) entered and then exited that folder?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yup.

Furthermore, to gain access to my movies directory again, I have to turn off content type in the directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping issue (?) : movies not showing0