XBMC killing Foobar
Hi everyone!

I only recently installed my first XBMC build ever and didn't regret doing so, this is a great piece of software! I also managed to configure it to my likings and set my default video players to MPC-HC and TMT5, which works without problems! There is one thing I couldn't work out though, and that is getting Foobar to run "inside" of XBMC.

Here's what's happening: when I'm starting a song Foobar is launching and playing the song in the background (thanks to the /nogui switch), but when the next song starts Foobar complains and pulls focus with an error message window stating that "Foobar has terminated abnormally" and whether I would want to start it in safe mode or not.

So I'm thinking that XBMC doesn't close Foobar as it should be closed and instead forces it to close with a kill-command. Am I right or is there another possible reason? What can I do to fix this? Any help would be highly appreciated!

Regards, JK
Disable "Bring to front when adding new files" (Preferences: Shell Integration).

Try /add /play /nogui as the command-line options.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem, and the funny thing is that now the /nogui switch doesn't work as well (foobar tells me that the argument doesn't exist). I really think it has to do with the way XBMC closes foobar, e.g. killing it instead of telling it to close. But I guess there's no solution to that and I'll just stick to playing music with foobar until the Audiobranch finds it's way into the main build. If anyone has a working fix I'd be glad to hear from you though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC killing Foobar0