Live feeds
What I think would be cool, which xbmc already does somewhat, or it does with the navi-x add-on would be

A menu item,
where it says "weather, picture, video, programs, etc" would be
to add a "Live" menu item

and focus on actual live streams, and the organization to conglomerate them.
I foresee the future of these media boxes where people start using them
off the internet. I noticed there we several software apps that streamed tons of live feeds for people to watch.

Right now, when I go into video and live, i mostly get prerecorded shows.
I think there are certain people out there who don't want to spend the time selecting from show to show, but want the media fed to them.

I think this is what we have all been programmed over there years, lol.
Unless I am an old dinosaur, this may be the case.

But I think it would be cool to utilize the internet to show actual live tv through xbmc Smile
there is a number of ways to impliment through xbmc - check out tvcatchup if your in the UK or livestreams & livetv these all stream live tv

or alternatively you could look at the PVR branch of xbmc which allows you to intergrate a tvcard with xbmc (with a little help from a back end) this functionality is in the timeline for native support in the next few years too.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi Syborg,

this was my exact point. while i noticed there were several ways to integrate live tv into xbmc, or even downloading 3rd party apps on windows that give tons of live channels.

My thought was that XBMC should integrate it easily in their menu features, by adding a "Live" menu function so that everything easily integrates there.

I foresee the future of live streams being in these media boxes.
this is what i was saying.

I've dabbled with it a little with navi-x while it has some problems.
it was easy to integrate, and use.

would be nice to see xbmc make it more of a main feature in the main system instead of someone having to figure out how to make it work.

I will research your suggestions though, they look good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live feeds0