[atv2] updating XBMC video addons - how to
I just noticed that the Blip.TV plugin is currently not working properly. I was wondering what procedure is used to update the XBMC plugins?

The only thing I know about updates on the atv2 is:
Code:
apt-get update
Code:
apt-get upgrade

does that take care of the plugins too? i.e. the blipTV plugin needs to go byebye?
No, you update add-ons from within XBMC.

Go to System/Settings -> Add-ons ->

If auto updates are turned off then you should see a folder that says something like "Available updates" where you can go in and one-by-one update add-ons

If you want to enable auto-updates, while in the Add-on manager bring up the side bar (press left) and enable auto-updates.
also if that doesn't solve it try uninstalling and then install it again to start fresh.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
They were on auto update. thanks.

I guess some plugins are just broken. Can I fix them? I mean, are they open source like XBMC? Is there a debug log that I can look at to find out what went wrong and try to fix?

I'd really like to fix the Crackle plugin. It does not work well at all.
moveright Wrote:They were on auto update. thanks.

I guess some plugins are just broken. Can I fix them? I mean, are they open source like XBMC? Is there a debug log that I can look at to find out what went wrong and try to fix?

I'd really like to fix the Crackle plugin. It does not work well at all.

Hi moverightSmile the Crackle plug-in is a known issue right now for some others i was reading, so don't stress about it for now...if you maybe want to try to update your repos go into System>settings>add-ons>get add-ons then 1 by 1 toggle over desired repo you wanna update and hold menu button down for 3 seconds, you will get a pop-up asking you to check for updates click enter then repeat same step on same repo and then force refresh...once you have completed this on 1 or all your repos, sign out of xbmc and if you can ssh into aptv2 and reboot...if not reboot through nitotv>settings>reboot or hold down menu and down button for at least 5 seconds and let go, this will also reboot, although best method is through ssh into aptv2 and issue reboot...once that is complete wait about 10-15 mins and enter xbmc and see if this helps...worth a try anyhow...good-luck and happy testingSmile...BlackPanther

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[atv2] updating XBMC video addons - how to0